got my tires but... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

got my tires but...

hey guys, i got my tires, they are 33x12.5x15 AT/s with an agressive tread. now remeber how i said i may just mount them on my stock 15x7 inch rims, well i got enough money to buy rims. i understand that explorers are 5 on 4.5 for the lug pattern and that bs should be at 3.75-3.25. but when i was reading on the description of the rims it said offset is 46mm and another rim i was looking at said -44mm. what offset should i have. The rims are 15x10 btw. i want my tires to stick out some too :D . any help will be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 3.75" backspacing and my truck looks like this with 32x11.5.15
825136_25_full.jpg

whats the offset on em, thats my question...or is offset the same as backspacing? im sorta confused lol.

nice truck btw

I am doing a "offset and backspacing" thread in a few minutes. I will come back and leave a link. Offset is from where the wheel mounts to the face of the wheel. You will just have to see in my post.

-Drew

ok

I've got 35-13.50s on 15x10 rims on my Ranger with -38mm offset and 4" of backspacing. They stick out about 2-3" from my fenders.
vbgarage.php

Are those the new BFG Krawler tires?

-Drew

Yes, there are more details in my build up thread.

just read the article.....amazing. now i know what i need. DMB you never cease to amaze me with your articles. I learn soo much.

Back