• Register Today It's free!

Got some new toys this weekend..

mikebolk

Reaction score
City, State
Parlin NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
So i was walkin around the local swapmeet this weekend.. and i happend apon a double din kenwood HU with all the bells and whistles.. box said 300 i thought to my self damn thats a prety good deal.. lets see if i can get a great deal! i offer 175 he sais 250 we settled on 200! now i have a new HU i should find some speakers and maybe a sub.. i wound up finding a set of 6x8 kenwood and 5.25 seperates $100 for all. a couple stands down i found a Bazooka tube 8" with intergrated 50w amp.. im not into alot of boom.. so this should be good for me.. im just waiting on my 6x8 to 5.25 speaker adapters and ill be putting all this in my 96 sport..

_DSC0491.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have used Bazooka tubes in the past. Very impressed with their output. Make sure you "corner load" them...

not sure what corner loading is.. its been about 10 years since i did any of this stuff so im a bit out of the loop.. this all started cause i wanted to buy a gps for my trip out to TN in november.. i got the head unit for the price of the gps and it was all down hill from there hahhahaha.. the main reason i got the tube was i throw tons of stuff in the back of my truck.. and i wheel the piss out of it.. so i wanted somthin sturdy if i was gunna have somthing at all... and with the amp rite in there.. thats less wires to get pulled out and stuff while im loading and unloading..

thanks for the info... i think i have the perect spot inmind now..

Sweet deal!!!! Good luck with that.

Back