GPS in PH Inquiry

mrchua

Reaction score
City, State
Philippines
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2013
Hi Everyone,

Im a new proud owner of Explorer Limited 2013 White here in the Philippines.
Im very happy with it. :)

I just need help on the Navigation/GPS feature because my MFT shows the compass only. I suspect its because it does not have a pre-loaded Philippines map.

So my question is, can I download a Philippines map from the internet and save it on a SD card and insert to the MFT, would this work?

If yes, is there a specific type of map compatibility with MFT? can I use maps from Garmin?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Everyone,

Im a new proud owner of Explorer Limited 2013 White here in the Philippines.
Im very happy with it. :)

I just need help on the Navigation/GPS feature because my MFT shows the compass only. I suspect its because it does not have a pre-loaded Philippines map.

So my question is, can I download a Philippines map from the internet and save it on a SD card and insert to the MFT, would this work?

If yes, is there a specific type of map compatibility with MFT? can I use maps from Garmin?

Thanks a lot.

Hi, mrchua!

Congrats on your new Explorer! Currently, we don't have maps for the Philippines (that I know of). You can check with your local Customer Relationship Center at +63 (49) 541 5000, but from my experience, you wouldn't be able to use it if your software wasn't pre-programmed with the proper software. Maps from other sources cannot be downloaded and viewed on MFT.

Rebecca

Oh well

What a bummer! I, too, am from the Philippines and was hoping we could get the MAP for the navigation system for my 2013 Limited EX.

Hi Rebecca,

Just a quick question: How come dealers in the Philippines say it takes 6 hours while the car is on and in park to update the MFT while syncmyride.com says it should only take an hour?

What a bummer! I, too, am from the Philippines and was hoping we could get the MAP for the navigation system for my 2013 Limited EX.

Hi Rebecca,

Just a quick question: How come dealers in the Philippines say it takes 6 hours while the car is on and in park to update the MFT while syncmyride.com says it should only take an hour?

That's an excellent question, dragonexplorer12! I, unfortunately, don't really know the answer. Pure speculation here, but it may have something to do with getting the update from a different database, or how may vehicles they have to service that day.

Rebecca

Back