Harrisonburg, VA- January | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Harrisonburg, VA- January

NC-X- I have an open passenger seat in my truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Isles4evr
Hey donkey, i'll meet up with ya there, just as long as you tell me exactly where it is... I'm not exactly sure where you are talking about. As far as my rear-end, i believe it is a posi (not really sure though). And I am going to put the rear tow hook on today or tomorrow.

Chris

The first rest stop on I-64 westbound (direction Charlottesville) after Richmond. It's about 5 to 10 miles after the Short-Pump exit, I think it's even before the Oilville exit. Somewhere around mile 170.

Boy, it sounds like some of you guys haven't been married long. :nono: I TOLD my wife the plan and that she was welcome to come with ME. I guess you can do that after 8 years of marriage and another 4 years of dating, of course she is my second! Don't tell her I said that;)

Like I noted before we are going up Friday after work and staying at the Courtyard at the I81 exit#247A. I'm too old (42) to drive 4 hours then wheel all day, so we will kick back and wait on everyone else.

BTW, if you have seen the latest edition of 4Wheeler. There is an article about tire chains. I just received the V-bar style. Maybe we will have a chance to try them out!:D

married long?

Rick,

Ive got about 3 years on ya, for the married part that is, Im not THAT old though:p I still have years to reach 40 :)
Donkey boys probably been married about that long,and isnt any older than I am- I dont think. :rolleyes:

The fact that Ive been married so long is the reason she knows to always expect me later than I predict:D

I just got ofline with some that may be headed down to run the same trails this weekend, so I should have a good report if they go. Things should have changed some from when I was down, its been rainy, snowy, and temps are out of the teens, so may have some snow on the trail, it may have mudded up a bit, and filled the creeks:D I hope!!

There will most likely be snow there. I have a friend up there said that they got about 6-8"'s snow last weekend.

As of right now i'm going. I put a tranny in over break so I'm good to go, BUT i have to do something with my 4x4 linkage because its not shifting right. Also, I'm going to talk to a guy and see if he'll weld my rear end for me tomorrow. So if i can't get the linkage working right I'm still going, lock and loaded.

I'm not going to beable to make it to the Sun run because of work, but i wish i could. I'm going to be heading up Fri night and staying at a hotel and leaving Sat after the run, if i don't try out my new snowboard that night.

Just to let evryone know, there is a ski place REAL close, and its one of the cheapest places($$$ wise) i have ever been to.

If anyone wants to meet up Fri and have a few let me know.

Later and See ya'll soon

Well, looks like we'll be there for the Saturday run :D . My wife, daughter and I will be coming down on Friday night and probably staying at the Days Inn in Harrisonburg.

Re: married long?

Originally posted by SteveVB
Rick,

Ive got about 3 years on ya, for the married part that is, Im not THAT old though:p I still have years to reach 40 :)
Donkey boys probably been married about that long,and isnt any older than I am- I dont think. :rolleyes:

;) Let's see: 8 years + 3 years = 11 years :D Exactely, I got married in March '91 :D And about the age: I will be turning 35 this year. Sorry Rick :p

As Steve said; after 11 years of marriage, my wife lost the illusion that 4 PM on a off-road day would equal 4 PM of a shopping day, which in one case is more like 5PM, but in the other case could be as early as 2PM
:confused: ;)

Hey RuMan, I'm up for 1 or 12, but I'll have to check with my wife;)...NOT. She will go too.

I see you have an 87 II, I had one, sold it to my brother in 92 and bought by Navajo. I wish I had it too now.

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott, give us a call when you get in. We should be there around 7p.

I'll be there at 7:30, donkey. I am installing my coil spacers as we speak (a little break). I am kinda nervous with the stock bolt thread only comming in the nut about 1/2 way. Any suggestions? I think that is i load it up with lock-tight and torque the hell out of it, it should be ok. The hooks should be on tomorrow sometime and i'll be set after the oil change. I am getting kinda scare with all this marrage talk... my current girl and I have only be together for about a month and a half, and only being 18 i guess i have a little more lee-way. Oh well... I am looking foward to the trip. I think I have a few riders too, one of which has a 96 sport but it too scared to take in onto the trails.

Later
Chris

This is marriage talk is an everyday thing for me. I'm getting married july 20th and i can't wait. Unfortunalty my fiance isn't coming because she would kill me on the trail, not much of an off roader. I finally tought her how to do a donut on the 4wheeler the other day cause we had about 8" of snow, it was a weak donut, but she did it! Anyone else planning on stay at the Holiday Inn Express?? I'll be there, i have no idea where it is, but i should be there around 9 or 10.

Happy trailes!!

Originally posted by Isles4evr
I'll be there at 7:30, donkey.

Great, see you then :D

I am installing my coil spacers as we speak (a little break). I am kinda nervous with the stock bolt thread only comming in the nut about 1/2 way. Any suggestions? I think that is i load it up with lock-tight and torque the hell out of it, it should be ok.

:eek: I don't know exactly which bolts you are talking about, but I don't think this is such a good idea :nono:

Jot Congratulations :cool:

(BTW, IMHO the decision of having kids is way the bigger step in "finalizing" a relationship than getting married, so nobody should be scared about getting married. But think it very well of how sure you are about the future of your couple before you decide to put a new human beeing in this world.)

Back to the topic: Does somebody has an updated list of particpants, maybe with the hotel names they stay in?

Oh well, forget the spacers for now. I'll tell you what, putting the coil spring back in is a *****. The stock stuc was too short when the spacer was in to catch the nut inside the sping... i went to every place i could think of around here to find a 10" long .75" wide grade 8 bolt but no one had them! I guess when I get my hopes back up i'll give it another shot but until the she'll still be leaning. Anyway, time for tow hooks...

Chris

Count me in !!

Kind of delayed responding to this thread because I wasn't sure if my work schedule would allow me to make it - - but it's clear and I plan on being there.

I'm up for wheeling on Sunday, for what that is worth . . . Pretty long haul for me (350 miles +/-) for just a single day of wheeing, but I'll go with the flow. . .

Mike and Chris - - I'll confirm before next Saturday, but plan on picking up a third Explorer at 0730 at the rest stop outside of Richmond.

Paul
'91 Sport

Sorry everybody,

Got a change to do some side work on the weekends and at this time I've gotta take it. I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case, but at this time count me out.

Sorry :(

Lee

Ok guys I am confirmed off work for that weekend. Unfortuantely I do not think I will be able to make the Sunday run. I have a big party to go to. Ok I have a few questions.
Where do you all recommend staying?
Also, when in the morning will we start the wheeling?
Lastly, when do you suppose we will quit for the day?

Thanks,
Jason

Originally posted by Jason_25
Where do you all recommend staying?
I stayed at the Comfort Inn last time. Free breakfast! :)
Also, when in the morning will we start the wheeling?
We will meet at McDorman's at 9:45AM. It takes no time at all to get to the trails from there.
Lastly, when do you suppose we will quit for the day?
Around 4 or 5.
Originally posted by RUMAN
If anyone wants to meet up Fri and have a few let me know.
Ooh ooh! Me me me! I do, I do! :chug:
So what time do you plan on being in Roanoke. I'll meet you there. Around 4 maybe?
BTW, I'll bring your tie down with me. :)

Originally posted by leebo
Sorry everybody,

Got a change to do some side work on the weekends and at this time I've gotta take it. I'll keep an eye on the thread just in case, but at this time count me out.

Sorry :(

Lee
That's cool, we understand. I wouldn't pass up the chance either. When you need a job, you'd better take what you can get. There'll be plenty of other times. cough..Paragon..cough ;)

BTW, 'bout time to change your city and state ain't it? :)

Well, if you guys in VA are getting the same summer weather that we are, it's gonna be a muddy weekend, not a snowy one!! It was 45° here at 6AM today!!!

I hear that JD, i woke up this morning and let the dog out and it was warm, still snow on the ground but it's muddy as crap everywhere you. But heck, it's going to be fun!!

Happy trailes!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey guys I wanna go but have no 4-low:( high works great but yaaaaaaaa know. also how would a truck as high as mine favor? (side hills) ol blue is very top heavy, but I do want to make it , I'm gonna mess with my shifter motor to see if it will come back to life.

Back