Has anyone loaded up their new explorer with weight? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone loaded up their new explorer with weight?

JFUSION

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
When I owned my escape I loved that we would load up the truck with alot of weight on a road trip and the rear end wouldn't droop down. We would use up every inch of the truck , the rear end dropped very little and the truck remained pretty level in it's stance. You could barely tell the truck was even loaded up. Just wondering if anyone has loaded up their explorer and can report how the rear end handles the weight. Does the stance remain fairly level ?. I think this is one thing that Ford does really well with their suspensions.

On our road trips we would see all kind of import SUVs that had their rear ends dropped way down and many had their rear tires cambered out just from being loaded up ,not even towing anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had mine filled to the brim for vacation along with 2 bikes on a hitch carrier and it still sat fairly level. It carries a load well.

I had mine filled to the brim for vacation along with 2 bikes on a hitch carrier and it still sat fairly level. It carries a load well.

Awesome, that is great to hear. I think this is a feature that so many people overlook when buying suv's, and is a definite plus for Ford trucks. Thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

We've had ours loaded with 7 adults. My brother-in-law and father-in-law back in the 3rd row (they're not small guys) and the Ex had a slight squat but not bad at all.

We've had ours loaded with 7 adults. My brother-in-law and father-in-law back in the 3rd row (they're not small guys) and the Ex had a slight squat but not bad at all.

Sounds good, thanks.

not only does that get a thumbs up on the "squat" issue, but it definitely gets a thumbs up for them to be able to fit in the 3rd row.

not only does that get a thumbs up on the "squat" issue, but it definitely gets a thumbs up for them to be able to fit in the 3rd row.

Agreed. They were back there for two, 2 hour trips and had no complaints about the comfort or space.

I had about 300+ LBS in the back with an 8x12 trailer in tow with a 450lbs cycle on board and had only a slight squat and towed very well in tow/haul mode.

Back