Have complete system for '03 X, what should I know going in to it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have complete system for '03 X, what should I know going in to it?

BobbyBobo

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer double din DVD, 4 Fosgate 6x8's, 4 channel amp to power the 6x8's and sub, and a 15" JBL sub in a sealed box. So I guess the only possible complication I can foresee is running new bigger wire to the 6x8's, and maybe finding a spot in the firewall for a 4 gauge power wire.

Anyone got thoughts on either of those possible issues? Will I possibly have to bypass some factory amp(s)? Does the model of the factory radio matter? It has the 6 disc changer, but I haven't seen anything saying "Premium" or "Audiophile" to describe the system.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For the stock sub question,
either you have a storage compartment on the passenger rear side or a speaker grill and cover

as for bigger wire wiring there is a place near the brake petal that most people use

For the stock sub question,
either you have a storage compartment on the passenger rear side or a speaker grill and cover

as for bigger wire wiring there is a place near the brake petal that most people use

I'll take off the back panel and see what's up back there. I've seen a few pics on this site. I have not seen any pics or info yet on an amp (if there is one) for the 4 door speakers.

I'll check out running the power wire there. Thanks!

This Pioneer double din DVD is replacing the OEM head unit?

Since you are replacing everything, just run new wires to everything. That's what I would do. No need to included anything OEM. Pry just degrade the sound anyways...

Since you are replacing everything, just run new wires to everything. That's what I would do. No need to included anything OEM. Pry just degrade the sound anyways...

It looked like a pain getting wires into the doors of my 95, so I ended up splicing the wires from the amp. But I ran into a factory amp (didn't know it had one), so it took a minute to figure out the wiring to bypass that amp.

So I was wondering if the '03 would be similar. I'd just run the wires all the way, but I know that can be a bit of a pain in some vehicles.

Back