header wrap? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

header wrap?

So I was showing off my new Torque Monster headers to a friend and he asked me if I was going to wrap them? I dunno? I like the way they look. I know wrapping your headers helps insulate them from letting the heat out into the engine compartment and supposed to give you more HP. Should I wrap them? If so, should I wrap the exhaust all the way back to the primary cats since they are literally in the engine bay too? Opinions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your gonna wrap them then i would go all the way to the primary cats. But honestly how much gain will this give you. I dont know much in this area but go all the way to the cats if you do it.

No wrap--
It will void the warranty on the headers--

the wrap may allow moisture to condensate-and it allows the temperature to go higher than the design of the header-coating. This may cause it to fail.

Wow really. That is for sure good to know.

Jon always has the answers.

I knew I should have just PM'd Jon to begin with. LOL I'm sure your tired of me bugging you. LOL

Wow really. That is for sure good to know.

Jon always has the answers.
Thanks for that--but to be honest-it is in the paperwork of the headers.

well i dont have headers ha ha

just dont think i need em

Isn't there a man-law about reading instructions? LOL

Header wrap is good for uncoated headers, yes it holds in more heat, that's the goal. The high quality header coatings now are about as good as the header wrap.

I've done a set with the wrap, and I like the look of the coatings better. Regards,

Isn't there a man-law about reading instructions? LOL
I think it would state that you are not to read directions in their entirety but you must quickly skim with slower skimming over bold print and hazard warnings...

Chris... just give it to your wife and have her read them aloud?? while drinking a beer and admiring your new headers...

Back