Heat is Warm but not Hot | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heat is Warm but not Hot

I have a feeling it was just a bad part. The temp gauge hasn’t gone above the bottom 1/3 of it’s travel in that thermostat’s life.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have an additional question, didn’t want to start a new thread, but will if necessary.
When I was searching threads about mice in the heater box (which I had in this case), I read where some people would close the recirc door before shutting the truck off to keep the mice out.
I can see my recirc door and the actuator, but could not get the door to close.
Does the door only open/close when in the AC position?
Thanks

I think the air only recirculates for the MAX AC setting(95+ Explorers), or with the Recirc button on rare models.

Thank you!
Think I might have a vacuum issue, I’ll start a new thread.

I too have had two failed moto rad tstats. Times when i could not wait for the mocraft to come in. Glad to hear that was the issue! And yes you should see a general better running all over because it wont be trying to stay slighlty rich.

Also as far as the door i always swap all my stuff to off before shutting down the truck. Everything is susposedly off when cranking but i like to give it a few seconds before i turn extra loads on. An at least on my 96 the door is only open on max as CDW said above.

It seems that the recirc door does not move, no matter the position.
and can hear a slight hiss under the dash.
So prob a vac line leaking, I’ll jump into that tomorrow

I have been lucky enough to not have to repair one of those yet. Let us know how you do it.

Will do!

So I started a new thread

Back