Heated Steering Wheel Oscillations? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Heated Steering Wheel Oscillations?

callmeammo

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer LTD. 302
The heat on my heated steering wheel goes in and out. It gets really warm, then seems to turn off, then gets warm again rather than staying a constant temperature.

Is this normal?

I also don't seem to feel the A/C on in the cooled seats on the seatback. It just comes up from the bottom portion, though heated seats the seatback gets heated.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if that is the normal behavior, but mine acts exactly the same as yours. The heat fluctuation is certainly noticeable, but not annoying for me.

Same here...

My steering wheel stays a constant temp(warm) as opposed to what you are explaining.

Noticed both of you have a '14MY, mine is a '13 MY don't know if something has changed.

The seat backs on mine cool fairly well heat much better though, several members in the past have commented that theirs have cooled good or didn't noticed any cooling at all.

Sounds like it varies from vehicle to vehicle, at least the steering wheel and seats are heated for the winter.

This happens in my 2008 bmw x5 ad well. I am guessing it is normal.

I've noticed that the heat seems to cycle between different zones of the steering wheel. The heating elements will run at 9 and 3 for a while, then those will shut off and 12 and 6 or 4 and 8 or 10 and 2 will get really warm. I just move my hands around the wheel to follow the good heat. :)

Our 2013 Ex Limited does the same thing.

Back