Hello everyone just joined new owner of the exploer 93 4.0 4x4 awd family. I could use a step by step on removing tranny A4LD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hello everyone just joined new owner of the exploer 93 4.0 4x4 awd family. I could use a step by step on removing tranny A4LD

Gee253

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 4.0 4x4 awd
Hello everyone so I could really use some help on removing a transmission for a 1993 ford explorer 4x4 4.0 automatic. My uncle had try putting in the solenoids pack in and said he did it at night and he thinks he put it in wrong or upside down or something like that I'm not sure but he's not sure if that's even the problem soon as he bought it ,it ran then he said it just all of a sudden would shift in gear so he tried replacing solenoids but Don't think it's in right I have not a clue on how to do but he says if I just buy a new tranny for it that will for sure fix the issue so that's what I'm doing im going to get one off a explorer today at pick n pull it looks like in food condition but who knows so I just need step by step on removing that from the explore in junk yard then im fija try and por it in my self im sure sinew help from you guys and some you tube videos will get me by I hope I'm pretty handy not to mechanically inclined but hey that how you learn right so please anyone help me diagrams step by steps any that will help a first time of a tranny removal . Thank you all so so much. Anything helps even any suggestions I have about 600 to my name rn for the just the explorer specifically any ideas 💡 what smarter way with what I'm working skill/ cash/ part wise

Check this thread:

Welcome.

Back