• Register Today It's free!

Hello from Arkansas

BigEd_72455

Reaction score
City, State
Pocahontas, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer 4 door 5.0
Hey guys. Picked up a 1997 5.0 4 door 2wd on Tuesday of last week.
It has a TON of squeaks and rattles and issues with the front end, and roaring in the rear end when I drive, plus vibration from the out of balance dry rotted tires and worn out shocks at all 4 corners.

BUT, I am slowly going to try to get it repaired back up to a decent level worthy of it's next owner. Even if they don't want to pay a fair value for all the stuff I am going to have to fix to make it safe and reliable again.

Repairs so far:

2 new front tires put on today (10/3/16)
new fuel filter yesterday (10/2/16)
replacement door (used) put on Friday (9/30/16)
whitewall cleaner washed the whole truck, engine bay, and drivers door panel

Repairs needed:

hood release cable
headlights and turn signals that stay in the truck (turn signals try to pop out)
oil change
trans service
upper and lower ball joints
upper control arms
all tie rod ends
new rotors and ceramic pad front and back
New rear axle and carrier bearings for rear end
New 4.10 or 4.30 gears with posi unit for better pulling capability
either Rancho 9000 shocks or air shocks for the rear
Monroe shocks for the front
and a few more things to do...

As you can see, I have a list of stuff to do and a LOT of money to spend.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How do I get rid of all these damn ads that pop up every time I breathe??

Welcome to this forum! Elite members don't have ads. You could purchase a yearly subscription for $20 to stop seeing ads. Elite members are able to upload photos to this site, post for sale ads, and attach photos directly to a post.

Sounds like my car when i got it, everything was bad even the paint was so bad the truck was a whole other color of grey but its a white one and I had to put a new differential in too is it 4x4? going to be nice good luck to you and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to this forum! Elite members don't have ads. You could purchase a yearly subscription for $20 to stop seeing ads. Elite members are able to upload photos to this site, post for sale ads, and attach photos directly to a post.

So I have to pay to do all the stuff other sites let me do for free? Not to mention this site gets money for all these ridiculous ads that are super annoying anyways.

Yeah. No thanks...
I'll be closing my account out sometime today if that's the case.

You could upload photos to a hosting site such as WWW.PhotoBucket.Com, and embed them into a post on this site without an elite membership. You're welcome to post on this site without an elite membership as well.
Going thru photobucket adds several steps and a lot of data usage I should not have to do. I will just close my membership here and find a different forum or look for groups on Facebook.

Back