Help with interior lights fuse 27

djimmy31

Reaction score
City, State
louisville, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
Hey Guys,

I tackled a bad heater core the past few days and once I bolted the dash back I noticed I had no interior lights. I currently have everything back together besides having the seats back in. Everything seems to work great except for the interior lights overhead lights, glove box light, hood light, basically everything off of fuse 27. There is power across the fuse and the ground seems good. There is no power though to the lights. I'm alittle confused at where to look next? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

Jimmy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it appears that you may have "damaged" a splice near the instrument cluster that feeds those units..... a "wad" of LG/O wires..... my bet is that you broke the main feed coming in from the fuse as it appears for the "option set" that you have... you are getting nothing.

The Damaged wire sounds about right. Guess I will try and get to it from the underneath the dash or unbolt the dang thing again :thumbdwn:. The dimmer doesn't do anything at the time being because none of the lights come on at all.

Just my luck I fix the heater core and break something else. :cool:

actual the dimmer question is a good one along with the response. The aftermentioned (dimmer) does NOT control the lights in question (hood, glove box).... HOWEVER, because the poster indicates it gives "no reponse", this would indicate that the dimmer is not getting its feed also which indicates that the feed from the fuse is broken.... I think. Recheck to see if your dimmer is acting anything... which I take from the last "post" is "NO". My bet is still on.

I really appreciate all the help guys. Since the fuse is getting power where does the LG/O wire run from the fuse box?

Again thanks for all the help!!

I can't tell that as I am only looking at a reference... but the splice can't be that hard to spot from under the dash area... there is about "10" things that run to it.... well a whole bunch any way.

This might sound stupid but did you check the fuse?;)

Hey Guys, I really appreciate all the help. I ended up letting the dash back down and tightening that huge bundle of wires that has a bolt through it on the drivers side. Once I did that everything started working correctly.
:thumbsup:

Back