• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!!! X-Spec install!!!!

thetad45

Reaction score
City, State
Whitewater, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I am currently installing the X-Spec suspension from EE. I CANNOT get the leaf springs with the moved spacers to line up with the bolt hole in the saddle. I am having all kinds of issues getting the springs back into proper position so I can bolt them back up, it's getting ridiculous, can anyone help????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bieng real careful, adjust the jack a bit so the axle hangs more freely, then rotate axle while slowly raise the body to meet. You just need to hit and miss at it, it does fit. A friend to help would be great, just for about 10 minutes

How do I get them to meet up without using my jack on the bottom of the leaf spring to even get the spacers into proper position? When I jack it up by the differential, I've got close to 5 inches between the top spacer with the bolt sticking out and the hole the bolt is supposed to sit in...

Any Way To Post A Picture Of It.

I wish I knew how to post pictures on here, I'm sure that would help a lot more than my lame descriptions of it, but I don't understand the prompt that comes up when I click on the insert image icon...

Here

Excerpt from the FAQ regarding Elite Explorers & attaching images.. You can refer to it at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/faq.php?

·Elite Explorers may not post attachments for non-Elite members. Being able to post photos on the site is an incentive to bring in new members. Posting for non-Elites makes it that much easier for them to not become a supporter of the site.

All right, I got that problem figured out, but now the axle is crooked in the rear, so I can't line up the U-bolts!!! I can get one side right, but the ohter side is 5 inches further back. The axel, on the driver side, is where it needs to be. On the passenger side, it's 5 inches behind the spacer plates, and no amount of tugging will get it back where it belongs. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have the driveshaft disconnected?

I think I Know the answer.... Parking brake is on.... If so the cable will pull the driver's side forward... release it and your problems will go away... :cool:

davidmmm69 said:
Here

Excerpt from the FAQ regarding Elite Explorers & attaching images.. You can refer to it at http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/faq.php?

·Elite Explorers may not post attachments for non-Elite members. Being able to post photos on the site is an incentive to bring in new members. Posting for non-Elites makes it that much easier for them to not become a supporter of the site.

next time i guess just link the picture from a photo website. which basically is the same thing.

thetad45 try that say like a http://www.photobucket.com/

I know you were in a hurry to get an answer and i guess that is what i get for trying to help you....

Back