MMR Stage 2 Ported Heads
Comp Cams Stage 1 Billet Camshafts, Lifters and Springs
MMR 30lb Injectors
Ported 2001 Bullitt Mustang Intake Manifold
New Ford Blue Valve Covers with Breather Filters
EGR & PCV System Delete
BanksPower TransCommand for Ford F-150 Part# 62570
Hunter Brushguard
Custom Cedar Roof Basket - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317723
4 - 100 watt KC Daylighters With Remote Keyfob
2 - 100 watt Reverse Lights
Magnaflow Catback Exhaust System
Straight-piped Muffler Swap
3rd Cat Cutout
Performance Accessories #PA883 3" Body Lift
F-150 Towhooks
2" Hubcentric Wheel Spacers
Blacked Out Headlights and Corners
DDM Tuning HID's
- 55 watt 8000K Lows (slim ballast)
- 35 watt 6000K Fogs (slim ballast)
LED Conversion In Progress
Ford Fusion Key
Treadwright Guard Dog 265/70/17's
LED Tail Light Conversion

Coming soon:

2.25"/1.75" BTF spacer lift
PA 5r55s Deep Transmission Pan & Dipstick
Henson Tune and SCT XCal3

Video of Remote Start, Remote Lights, HID's
th_f7566898.jpg

K&N Cold Air Intake:
photo13.jpg

Hunter Brushguard, F-150 Tow Hooks, Blacked out Headlights and Corners:
photo3-3.jpg

Custom Cedar Roof Basket, 100 Watt Reverse Lights, 100 watt KC Offroad Lights:
4ad91dc8.jpg

d4e8a424.jpg

299b8bfb.jpg

HID's:
998d2dcc.jpg

2ca8dc6a.jpg

Thanks to everyone for all the help along the way!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. Thankfully the entire trailer is aluminum and it has held up pretty well.

The plus and minus of NY.

Boat stays in the water and gets covered in algee.

Yet the trailer stays in perfect shape b/c it's only used for winter storage and hauling to the mechanic lol.

Tell me you have some underwater lights on your boat like I do :D lol

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Triton8273 said:
The plus and minus of NY.

Boat stays in the water and gets covered in algee.

Yet the trailer stays in perfect shape b/c it's only used for winter storage and hauling to the mechanic lol.

Tell me you have some underwater lights on your boat like I do :D lol

No, but I do have a light bar to drop in the water for night fishing.. How do you have underwater lights? Are they mounted to the stern or are they built into the hull? Also I just bought a powerpole. Heard of it?

http://www.power-pole.com/

I just bought the Pro II 8... It's sexy.

This is the video I filmed when we installed them on my boat.

http://neangling.com/2011/05/underwater-light-install-coastal-night-lights/

And yes I have heard of the power pole...I'm very deeply seeded in the industry.

Every rod that Penn has released in the past 2 yrs, I had my hands on before the public knew about it.

If you ever need hooks let me know. Mustad sends me hooks like BP puts oil in the ocean.

Edit: That's not me in the video and unfortunately not my gf either lol.

This is the video I filmed when we installed them on my boat.

http://neangling.com/2011/05/underwater-light-install-coastal-night-lights/

And yes I have heard of the power pole...I'm very deeply seeded in the industry.

Every rod that Penn has released in the past 2 yrs, I had my hands on before the public knew about it.

If you ever need hooks let me know. Mustad sends me hooks like BP puts oil in the ocean.

Edit: That's not me in the video and unfortunately not my gf either lol.

Those are nice. Is that the same light you mounted in your rear hatch?

Those are nice. Is that the same light you mounted in your rear hatch?

No, the lights in the hatch are cheap $20 dome lights from super bright led's. And I'm glad I did that mod and might add two big flood lights near them that I can also aim out.

Triton8273 said:
No, the lights in the hatch are cheap $20 dome lights from super bright led's. And I'm glad I did that mod and might add two big flood lights near them that I can also aim out.

I love having the lights on the back of my rack. They light up the street like headlights when I'm in reverse...

Flats fishing kayak trip!
Right before we hit the 2 mile trail out to the launch:
fa5ef01c.jpg

Had photos of the ex on the trail to where we launched from, but dropped the camera in the water getting a picture of the 30" snook I pulled in. Trying to save the pictures and I'll post if I do...

Trip to the motocross track

Here are a few videos from my trip to the local motocross track a couple weeks ago. They are of the first time taking the Ex semi-seriously offroad, so I took it kind of slow.

HOWEVER if you watch the 4th video from later in the night, shot from inside, I'm tearing the track up!

May 12th is the next time the track will be open to trucks, and hopefully I'll have some better pictures/video then.....

Listen to hear the new straight-piped exhaust, and sorry in advance for the stupid topics of conversation in the 4th video....

http://youtu.be/dU8sjbnPx48

http://youtu.be/eI1KqIr5wqI

http://youtu.be/bVmPVFUvSxU

http://youtu.be/SNZesOZWcpo

Wow, I did not expect this level of community on this site! So glad I got an explorer! That's a nice basket, I'm pretty good with woodworking myself. Beautiful vehicle man!

Brian, how did you manage to coordinate your headlights, fog lights and halogen off road lights with your remote?

Thanks again. We all try to help as best we can. There are a couple a-holes on here, but they've been put in their place enough to keep away; for the most part :biggthump There are 2 sub-forums for our Explorers. A "Stock" section and a "Modified" Section. I would recommend spending some time reading through each of them. Almost every question you can think of has been answered at least once, just use the search box to find it.

My headlights and fogs just operate as normal. If you are referring to the video on here, I have a remote start kit that allows me to start my car from up to 1500 ft away.

My halogen floodlights operate with a second 12v remote. It works within about 100 ft. Here is the thread with all the wiring information: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331149

I picked it up on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-15-AMP-...ultDomain_0&hash=item5891dbdc95#ht_3025wt_952

I want to pick up a couple more, but I have a feeling they all operate on the same frequency...

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

I love the basket! It looks so good, I mean I love the look of a Thule basket. But honestly I think yours makes my Thule look bad! If I have the time and patience I would build my own lol

Thanks! I really wanted something unique, and I've always liked the old Ford pickups with the wooden beds and sides. It definitely took time and patience though. If to read through the build thread for it you can see that it took me FOREVER. I guess that's what I get for building it during the rainy season.

A few more pictures!
-AE69-4B46-B0D2-0D8CCDEE68D1-4407-0000047445596B76.jpg

67bbdd52.jpg

10b40bae.jpg

544cfbfe.jpg

a8a8f2f3.jpg

ba9b699c.jpg

I know this seems to be an echo, but I can't stress how much I love that basket. Granted it might have its critics, but the fact that it makes your ex 'yours' is unparalleled. THAT'S real modding sir.

I know this seems to be an echo, but I can't stress how much I love that basket. Granted it might have its critics, but the fact that it makes your ex 'yours' is unparalleled. THAT'S real modding sir.

Thank you sir!

Although I have to say as much as it breaks my heart to do I'm thinking about tearing it apart and rebuilding it. I think Santa is going to bring me a welder for Christmas.

It'll still have the wood accents like it has now but will be strengthened with steel or aluminum as well. And instead of bolting to the rails, it will screw directly into the mounting holes for the rails themselves; removing the rails all together.

Also some new slim lights for the front like the ones in back :)

I never even thought of making a wood basket. I've wanted a roof basket for ages but don't have a welder or the skills. However, there's a pile of leftover cedar behind my shed...

I never even thought of making a wood basket. I've wanted a roof basket for ages but don't have a welder or the skills. However, there's a pile of leftover cedar behind my shed...

That's exactly how the idea for mine came about. I had a big pile of extra cedar I needed to get rid of.

It'll still have the wood accents ...

Glad to hear that. A nice compromise between style and strength you seem to be going for.

... it will screw directly into the mounting holes for the rails themselves

I'm intrigued. Has it been done by someone as of yet? I'd love to see a picture. I suppose I'll have to wait if not...I'm convinced it's going to add a nice rugged look that you can't accomplish any other way.

Glad to hear that. A nice compromise between style and strength you seem to be going for.

I'm intrigued. Has it been done by someone as of yet? I'd love to see a picture. I suppose I'll have to wait if not...I'm convinced it's going to add a nice rugged look that you can't accomplish any other way.

I always liked the wooden truck beds on the old fords and I wanted to incorporate that with my Ex.

Not that I know of. It'll use the 6 screw holes on each side that hold the rails on. I'm in the process of sketching it out now. When I get a good sketch I'll post it.

The problem I'm having with it now is that the wood touches the roof where it curves and the vibration is rubbing the paint. With the NEW design, the steel will be strong enough to keep it off the roof, even fully loaded.

Can't wait :thumbsup:

Can't wait :thumbsup:

Hate to say it but you'll probably have to. IF I get a welder for Christmas I've still got to learn how to use it. Then come up with the money for the materials. I've got to dump about $750 into the ex for other stuff first, not to mention pay for Christmas and all my bills. It'll be a work in progress for the next 6 months or so, but it'll be done eventually.

Back