HOW CAN I DISCOVERY A COMPATIBLE SERIAL ECU / ECM TO A 1995 XLT 4.0l V6 4x4 manual , gasoline. I DON’T HAVE THE OLDEST ONE. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HOW CAN I DISCOVERY A COMPATIBLE SERIAL ECU / ECM TO A 1995 XLT 4.0l V6 4x4 manual , gasoline. I DON’T HAVE THE OLDEST ONE.

DRJUSTE

Reaction score
City, State
Myrttle Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995, XLT 4x4 manual gas
HOW CAN I DISCOVERY A COMPATIBLE SERIAL ECU / ECM TO A 1995 XLT 4.0l V6 4x4 manual , gasoline.
P.s: I don’t have the vehicle or the oldest ECU/ECM

6FC09EB9-7DDB-4917-A556-7C3E43943821.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you pulled the ecm out to get the part code off of it yet? car-part.com has them listed. You will need to look at the emissions sticker to see if it is ca, ma or federal.

Have you pulled the ecm out to get the part code off of it yet? car-part.com has them listed. You will need to look at the emissions sticker to see if it is ca, ma or federal.

If the old ECU isn't too dead to do it, you pull the as-built data off it and program into the replacement module.

If you can't do that, there are services that will sell you an ECU and when you provide your VIN, they can program it for you, for example:

However they seem to want your old ECU to activate the warranty on the new one, and might (??) want more money if you tell them you don't have the old one to do a core return. I suppose if they program it and send to you before you return the old one (that you don't have), then you might get away with sending them one that you pulled from a junkyard, or just your old one if you have it but it's dead. I don't really understand your intentions when you wrote " P.s: I don’t have the vehicle or the oldest ECU/ECM".

That’s the problem, i don’t have the ECM , i need to know a compatible to buy a new one. And i have only have the information above. It possible to find ?
If the old ECU isn't too dead to do it, you pull the as-built data off it and program into the replacement module.

If you can't do that, there are services that will sell you an ECU and when you provide your VIN, they can program it for you, for example:

However they seem to want your old ECU to activate the warranty on the new one, and might (??) want more money if you tell them you don't have the old one to do a core return. I suppose if they program it and send to you before you return the old one (that you don't have), then you might get away with sending them one that you pulled from a junkyard, or just your old one if you have it but it's dead. I don't really understand your intentions when you wrote " P.s: I don’t have the vehicle or the oldest ECU/ECM".
i bought an explorer to use ina f100 year 56 project.
Put the explorer’s frame with engine and transmission under an old ford f100 year 56.
When i bought the explorer they don’t come with the ECM UNIT so that’s my problem, i only have the WIPS and other units control.

Is the cab gone now? There was a calibration code sticker near the door tag, and on the radiator core support is the belt routing diagram sticker that states what emissions standard the car is/was

Is the cab gone now? There was a calibration code sticker near the door tag, and on the radiator core support is the belt routing diagram sticker that states what emissions standard the car is/was
this one ??

Attachments

• etiqueta radiador.pdf.pdf
    7.8 MB · Views: 47

Federal emissions, look on car-part.com. they start at around $50 and most of those yards will ship to you.

Back