How do youz hide (protect) your subs?... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do youz hide (protect) your subs?...

Private_Joker said:
What's the difference between putting your new sub in the stock location instead of in a separate box (just sitting in the back)?

Is there a difference?
stock location will only hold an 6" or 8" cant remember, if equipped with the sub box from the fctory. If not you can build a stealth box to go there or buy the MTX stealth box, you can fit a 10" (single sub). MTX offers a stealth box also with the sub and amp built in. or you can just get it with just the sub.... Also i believe Q-Logic makes an Unloaded(no sub included) Box for the rear quarter....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brandon4AU said:
Boomin, do you have any pics of this? I promise I wont steal them :)

I'll get soem and throw them in my elite registry link in my sig so watch there the next few days

i dont need to cover mine, i have real dark windows... 5% doubled all around, noone can see in

lol i personally just build the box too big to get away with...

So, the solutions to protecting your subs are:
1. Make a horrendously huge box so people can't walk away with it!
2. Stealth box
3. Leave it in stock location
4. Tint the windows
5. Cargo cover
6. Leave pitbull (with rabbies) in your truck at all times
7. Leave pet anacoda (aka killer) in the back at all times

Great. I think I'll go with #7! :chug:

You could also leave some Canadian money in the back. People will see that and :bounce: assume your sub is worthless!! lol - I can say that cuz I'm Canadian..

I'm getting an alarm that should scare the crap out of whoever tries to break into and will draw a lot of attention. When It goes off it honks really loud and really randomly over and over. Pretty nifty!

Heres what I did as I am a huge person who is paranoid against theft.

First of all the alarm

i have the viper 2 way 690 xv. I have 2 sirens under the hood and 2 in the back, and 1 piezo on the inside. Cant someone just pop my hood and cut the power you may ask. I also have a backup battery and ontop of that a hoodlock from viper made for their alarms. You need a special key inorder to get my hood popped and the alarm must be disarmed. Then I got tint all the way around. You couldnt see inside for your life. Say a theif gets by all that and gets into my car. Well I have my box bolted dont to the frame from the bottom of the truck. Dropped the spare tire, drilled 3 holes from the bottom of the truck up to the bottom of the sub box and lag bolted it down. As for the sub, used 3 different type of screw heads. Philips, square and hex. Securing amps down, I bolted them down onto a amp rack with different type bolts. I always take the face off my h/u when I leave. "Well a person is just going to break what he cant steal" Well id rather have broken **** layin in my closet than some low life parading around with my hard earned money bumping in his trunk. All theives will die.

i just made mine way about 300 lbs and bolit it ot he body and put plexi ove r the subs so that they can unscrew them

oh yea i have a crap lod of bateris in there hooke dup i have 5 of them so that nohting will go dead and there is a cargo box behind it and they r put togeter im parnoid by the way

OK, I think you deserve first place in this department!. (wow for thinking things through).. :chug:
I can't even imagine the pain someone would have if they tried to take your system! :bounce:

Add a python (like in the movie Gone in 60 seconds)! and your Ex should be in a movie!

Afboy143 said:
Heres what I did as I am a huge person who is paranoid against theft.

First of all the alarm

i have the viper 2 way 690 xv. I have 2 sirens under the hood and 2 in the back, and 1 piezo on the inside. Cant someone just pop my hood and cut the power you may ask. I also have a backup battery and ontop of that a hoodlock from viper made for their alarms. You need a special key inorder to get my hood popped and the alarm must be disarmed. Then I got tint all the way around. You couldnt see inside for your life. Say a theif gets by all that and gets into my car. Well I have my box bolted dont to the frame from the bottom of the truck. Dropped the spare tire, drilled 3 holes from the bottom of the truck up to the bottom of the sub box and lag bolted it down. As for the sub, used 3 different type of screw heads. Philips, square and hex. Securing amps down, I bolted them down onto a amp rack with different type bolts. I always take the face off my h/u when I leave. "Well a person is just going to break what he cant steal" Well id rather have broken **** layin in my closet than some low life parading around with my hard earned money bumping in his trunk. All theives will die.

sajnaj said:
oh yea i have a crap lod of bateris in there hooke dup i have 5 of them so that nohting will go dead and there is a cargo box behind it and they r put togeter im parnoid by the way

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :nono:

what is wrong wiht that

sajnaj said:
what is wrong wiht that

5 batteries so nothing goes dead? u mean ur system or alarm? 5 batteries is hurting ur car unless u have say a couple of 200 amp alts

300 lbs box? u dont need that, just bolt it down. Plexi glass over the subs? easily broken, just use different screw heads, maybe use t-nuts to bolts the subs into the box.

the bateris r for evey thing i have a 2000 wat orion amp it sucks down the juice realy bad so i had extra baterie laying around and i hoooke dthem all up to hel and it has

please learn how to type, I cant even read that.

Only a serious highly competitive car needs 5 batteries. The most you would need with that orion is a large cap, or a single battery.

now you see em....
img_5380_copy1.jpg

now you dont....
img_5381_copy3.jpg

plus i have an alarm, and its protected by some dogs...
dog.bmp

and some toys.... :)

Couple of things.....If you want a cargo cover, I am in BC and will ship you mine for free, COD.Second, I have a 10 in my factory box and it looks bad @$$ because I have the flamed chrome cover and checkerplate behind the sub.I gotta say it is the coolest install I have seen.My amp is also on the factory(But modified) amp rack.Out of site.I don't wanna say it is unstealable, because then it will be gone tonite, but you would have to rip out the carpet and back panel, and it would still be hard to get at.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get some pictures

and how much would u charge to ship to florida

Back