• Register Today It's free!

How fast have you driven your ST

I bleed Ford Blue

Reaction score
City, State
North Olmsted
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer ST
Sunday morning on my way home from work traffic was clear so I made a detour down thru "Mexico" and decided to try and see where it topped out at. I hit 132 mph before I started to run out of road and backed off. My old 18 sport would top out at 120, I think it was governed at that speed. Anyone pushed theirs further?

BTW, my 21 ST is bone stock other than a JLT oil separator and I had 92 octane sunoco in the tank and about 600 miles on the clock.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not an ST but the wifes Limited governor is 123, lol.

Too funny. We have a 2021 XLT and my wife limiter kicked in at 110. LOL..... You're a lucky guy!!! I'm not sure what they are governed at or if they are at all. My 2019 Sport was governed to 121 of which I thought was low for the Sport model.

I may have misunderstood how you wrote that. I took it as your wife shut you down at 123...lol....but it could also read that you hit the governor at 123. Not sure which.

I may have misunderstood how you wrote that. I took it as your wife shut you down at 123...lol....but it could also read that you hit the governor at 123. Not sure which.
I believe it is the latter. :)

I believe it is the latter. :)
Ok, so it is limited to 123. Good to know.... I have a much slower speed wife limiter. May not ever see 123 with her with me.... lol :)

Ok, so it is limited to 123. Good to know.... I have a much slower speed wife limiter. May not ever see 123 with her with me.... lol :)

I wouldn't drive that fast with my wife in the car for more reasons than one lol!

Sunday morning on my way home from work traffic was clear so I made a detour down thru "Mexico" and decided to try and see where it topped out at. I hit 132 mph before I started to run out of road and backed off. My old 18 sport would top out at 120, I think it was governed at that speed. Anyone pushed theirs further?

BTW, my 21 ST is bone stock other than a JLT oil separator and I had 92 octane sunoco in the tank and about 600 miles on the clock.

I have read that the top speed of the ST is limited to 146.

Back