How many miles does your Ex have? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles does your Ex have?

2000 Explorer Limited w/147k

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if Ford will hold a celebration in 2016 for the Explorer. I know that they are having a big thing for the Mustang this month. My truck runs great and feels great. I hate that I didnt get into Explorers sooner.

I must agree with you . the explorer is really something to be proud of . I just wish I had the land & money to hoard them . LOL :D I prefer the first gen. I am really glad I found this forum . A lot of good people helping each other .

I must agree with you . the explorer is really something to be proud of . I just wish I had the land & money to hoard them . LOL :D I prefer the first gen. I am really glad I found this forum . A lot of good people helping each other .
Since the Explorer is not a really sought after vehicle, I've been able to pick up a few for cheap. I love the 1st gen.

I drove ours to work today (need to look for more bugs since the latest driveshaft/SOA changes)...

As of this morning (4/9/2014) it has just over 391,000 miles. Granted, not much is still stock after all these years of off-road mods.

~Mark

1994 Explorer 4x4 has 230K miles on it but engine going into it has 130K on it.
Trav

Coming up on 319k

I wonder if Ford will hold a celebration in 2016 for the Explorer. I know that they are having a big thing for the Mustang this month. My truck runs great and feels great. I hate that I didnt get into Explorers sooner.

They are really affordable too

Since the Explorer is not a really sought after vehicle, I've been able to pick up a few for cheap. I love the 1st gen.

As dependable as the first gen is I don't understand why most people overlook them . But then its good in a lot of ways also . You got a killer deal on that brush guard you just got . I would love to have one but don't want to pay the 400.00 they cost . I spend too much time on the lake when I should be hitting the JY . :roll:

1991 Explorer, just passing 225,000 miles. Previous owner replaced oodles of stuff. I'm going through and replacing the few pieces that are original and causing issues.

Items that I know so far (probably missing a lot too);
Driver's side head, pushrods & rocker arms, radiator, alternator, starter, A4LD trans (twice), plastic fan, fan clutch, radius arm bushings, shocks, power steering pump (still whining) and I think something with the rear axle like bearings or pinion gear or something...

She's an old girl but has a fair amount of life left. No oil burning, just leaks here and there.

These Explorers take a hell of a lot of abuse and it's sad to see what the newer models have become. They stopped being 'rigs' and started becoming 'cars'.

1991 - 117k
only 60K on rebuilt motor and trans

She has a few but she's only 18 so I know she has a lot more to go ;)

....... Oh wait, are we talking about Explorers?

I just noticed the title sounds funny, so I took my chance! LOL

I hope I don't get in trouble!

she has a few but she's only 18 so i know she has a lot more to go ;)

....... Oh wait, are we talking about explorers?

I just noticed the title sounds funny, so i took my chance! Lol

i hope i don't get in trouble!

ha ha ha... I thought the same thing

I miss my Ex.. .. but my aim is improving!

Chassis - 216K
Short block - 90K

94 Navajo - 119.222 miles. Besides the fuel pump all original (and the starter gave out today).

I rarely have seen a more solidly built car one can afford. Even my old favourites, Mercedes 114/5 from 1968-76, weren't that robust.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1994 4x4 Explorer @ 136K

Right now she refuses to start. Drove home last Sunday and she ran Ok. Then she wouldn't start on Monday. Cranks OK but won't fire. So I've just started the trouble shooting process. Hoping it's the fuel filter clogged up.

This new problem caused me to find this web site just today and become an instant member. Talk about having focus- this place is absolutely incredible! I've already found some great tips for troubleshooting. Now if only the rain will stop for a while...

Back