How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

Mine has 166k, 15k which I put on it since I bought it last year...Vehicle was sold as junk thanks to a lack of maintenance and overall neglect...Typical $200 vehicle...

There was so much sludge in the oil pan and valve covers the oil pump died and one of the rockers stuck open and let a pushrod fall out of it...

It's amazing how much sludge synthetic oil will dissolve and how much crap there was in the gas tank...One thing I learned the hard way is to either replace or clean out the tank if you find varnish or dirt in the inlet of the fuel filter...Trying to clean it with fuel additives does not work...

Replaced all front suspension parts, replaced all fluids with synthetic, replaced fuel pump and just driving the truck until it's time for a v8 transplant...

UPDATE: now at 177k after replacing shortblock when replacing heads at 169k...Still on original tranny...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1999 sport. 138,000. I just did timing chains tensioners and guides because of mileage and age,although they were intact when I took apart, I'm glad I did it. I hope I can get to 200k. Love this truck.

360,000 kilometers , orig engine and trans,
360,000 x .7 =223693 mi. and 1107.4 yds

90,480 miles on it and its an 01 sport with the orginal engine and motor

Sam an engine and motor are the same thing :p:

95- just hit 140k
92- 244k runnin like its got 50k!

How do you like your RT? I have one, lots of mods, click the link in my sig to see it. I started her up for the first time in a month today and took her around the block. Nothing like the roar of a modified Hemi. I have enjoyed the Ex Sport (124 K on it) so much, I do not even take the Charger for a spin on descent weather days anymore.

Thx!

D a n a

Mine has 166k, 15k which I put on it since I bought it last year...Vehicle was sold as junk thanks to a lack of maintenance and overall neglect...Typical $200 vehicle...

There was so much sludge in the oil pan and valve covers the oil pump died and one of the rockers stuck open and let a pushrod fall out of it...

It's amazing how much sludge synthetic oil will dissolve and how much crap there was in the gas tank...One thing I learned the hard way is to either replace or clean out the tank if you find varnish or dirt in the inlet of the fuel filter...Trying to clean it with fuel additives does not work...

Replaced all front suspension parts, replaced all fluids with synthetic, replaced fuel pump and just driving the truck until it's time for a v8 transplant...

213,000 on my 95 Eddie Bauer 4x4. Below is an interesting snapshot of the maintenance and repairs in the last 6 yrs. It's quite high, but the truck operates and drives like new. Purchased as it came off a lease in 1997 with 30k miles on the odo.

Major expenses were transmission rebuild, timing chain replacement, cooling system replacement and suspension replacement (all of this is why it drives so well now). It gets two details a year so it looks great.

expenses in 2004 $512.39
expenses in 2005 $2,085.18
expenses in 2006 $2,785.01
expenses in 2007 $1,530.96
expenses in 2008 $2,270.75
expenses in 2009 $2,010.02
expenses in 2010 $498.82
TOTAL $11,194.31

Just bought my first Ex, with 133,x.. on it 2 weeks ago. Everything works, body in great shape. We'll see how it goes!:exp:

well my old explorer i got with 300 000 kms and put 30 000 on never had a problem,got my 99 with 150 000 and already sunk 800 into it

Engine and Motor are the same thing ???
We were educated that an Engine is a fuel powered unit.(gas,diesel.prophane) and
A Motor is an electric powered unit. (heater motor,door motor etc)
Many people incorrectly refer to vehicle engines as motors.

Not a big deal,but it puts your brain on the right track if someone says motor or engine.

201,000 miles. nothing has been rebuilt/replaced as far as i know.....bought it with 174k on it. its been very good to me and i will for sure be buying another one.

I bought mine with 125 and now has 213... at this rate I wont need another one

My 95 4.0 has 121,000
My 2002 v8 has 152,000

95 is a little rusty but running strong, 2002 is running great!

139,000 mi on my '98. Runs like the day i got it, doesn't use or leak a drop of oil. Tranny shifts smooth...

Blend door even works!

Me like this truck! :thumbsup:

finally hit 300k

My stock 95 hit 300k the week before Christmas. Now at 302+, got a new alternator for the celebration and gets the other inner tie rod end next week, and new tires. Cam sync shaft squeaks in some temperatures, oil press sender fluctuates, and the sunroof shield rattles terrible. Will not yet die.

just rolled over 236k. been through 2 trans but engine still running strong.

227,000 on my 98 XLT. Same tranny n engine. Tranny's gettin shuddery but the motor.WOW .no oil burn, just runs great..4X4 WORKS PERFECT WHAT A TRUCK!!!

One word guys..;)SYNTHETICMOBIL1:)

01 Sport, wife calls her the "Mule" (strong, slow, and sure-footed). Bought her new, just passed 130k. Other than basic sched. maintenance, I've done new rotors, shocks, and the upper/lower ball joints.

Second set of tires (well, 3 if you count the Firestones). Put almost 70k on the Goodyear RT/S - must have had the one decent set. Have 55k on the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos (which now ride rough as hell, but damn are they sure-footed).

Oh, and I re-covered the center console/arm rest (which made such a difference in the interior that my wife was more impressed with that than the brake job).

P.S. My thanks to everyone on this forum. I love this truck more than when she was new and every repair I've fumbled through wouldn't have been possible without your information. Impresses the hell out of my dad (who probably remembers how to change his oil, but that's it).

Still Going Strong with 418K

97 Explorer with 418K a little rust is all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back