How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX? | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

Post number 869 has been selected as best answered.

My 97 will be rolling over to 84k tomorrow. I bought her 2 years ago with 50.5k.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2000 v8 mountaineer will hit 120k in a few days

283,000, DO I WIN????!!!!! haha mudd hole mad my engine start tickin, still runs great!!!

Mileage

My 2000 XLS 4wd 4.0 OHV has 141,620. Had to replace the VB at 135,000 and the upper and lower intake gaskets. Other than that it runs perfect.

1996 Exploder XLT 4wd with the 4.0 OHV. 186,000 miles on the ticker and still going. :D

99 EB, just turned 150k yesterday, under side of the engine has absolutley zero leaks (amazing) i just switched to mobil one

'96 Eddie Bauer 5.0L AWD 229k and runnin' smooth.

95 XLT 4x4....150,000 in 82.5 miles.

replaced: water pump, fuel pump, shocks & wheel bearings

99 Explorer Eddie Bauer with 76k miles. I bought it in 2000 with 25k miles on it.

It still looks and drives as new...but of course still maintenance issues like fuel pump, thermostat etc had to be replaced. Will drive it over 100k miles before I decide whether I should replace it or not.

137,x.. Strong like bull! LOL

Explorers last too darn long to ask really.

1999 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L
220,000+ miles :)
Rick

rolled 57,000 today

1996 , 205,000miles . most of it city . and just removed the original O2 sensors and replaced the original water pump a month a go @199,000 miles , now it needss a radiator and ball joints .

99 sport 108,000. timing chains startin to rattle

Just turned 250,000. She's out of commission while I find time to replace the AC compressor.

This year's replacements were:
- ac compressor
- idler pulley
- front axles and boots
- brakes/rotors
- new spring leaf mounts (old ones rusted out)
- new radiator
- spare tire mount (rusted off)
- exhaust manifold

Outstanding issues:
- tranny needs to be replaced at some point.
- need to fix shift indicator
- rusting on side panels
- both rear doors need new inside handles
- drivers seat needs to be repadded

I found that after 175k larger items started needing replacing. I'm dropping around a grand a year to keep her maintained. Still way cheaper than a car payment though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just got her, but she's at 222K.

The last owner did a good job with maintenance, but I'll still have to check things over, crawl under her, and figure out what might need to be replaced soon.

Back