• Register Today It's free!

How much can 07 sprt trac haul

mplut

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Sport Trac
How much could a 07 Sport trac haul? I'm planning on hauling 2 yrds of pea gravel so wondering how many trips with the sprt trac that will be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cheaper to have delivered.

V6? V8?

A cubic yard of stone can vary between 1 and 2.5 tons. It all depends on the type.

The maximum payload, as far as I can tell, of a 2007 ST is 1.39 to 1.45 tons. You should check your manual to confirm.

If you're bagging it, find out the weight of the bags and stay under the limit (and don't run up against it; give a buffer).

If you're getting it in bulk, make sure the guy with the Bobcat knows his bucket size, and always err on the side of less. (I would not recommend anything larger loading as you'll end up washing your ST with rock unless the guy is a great operator.)

If you're trailering it, simply keep in mind the capacity of your trailer as you would if getting it in bulk.

Getting about a ton of #57 stone:

funny to watch the trailer slowwwwwly squat down as the gravel went in, glad he stopped, as I didn't think that trailer would handle the full bucket from that loader.

The dude only filled the left side of the bucket, and not even halfway. A loaded bucket would bury the trailer. :) But yep--I was giving him the go/stop based on the spring squat.

I've carried 1500 lb of topsoil several times.

Back