How To: Add Over-Head Grab Handles and A-Pillar Handles Second Generation Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How To: Add Over-Head Grab Handles and A-Pillar Handles Second Generation Explorer

Looks good. I want to add some more to mine. These slightly taller tires and lift (37s + 8" of lift) make it a bit difficult for people other than myself to get in. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats a great idea and addition to your X.!..Thanks for the steps and possibilities on mounting the bars. It looks like a mod I may consider doing, even though I like watching my girlfriends cute behind crawling into the Sport ! :D ;)

Why the hell did you take the gauge cluster I sold you out and put the stock one back in???

BeauJ said:
Why the hell did you take the gauge cluster I sold you out and put the stock one back in???

I had to put it in the Mountaineer because it wasn't compatiable with my 96. But it looks sweet in the Mounty! :cool:

FROADER said:
It came from the east coast.

now now. you live in california so nuf said :p

What does that matter?!? :p

section525 said:
I was searching for "oh **** handles" and Drew's thread came up from a year ago. :D

i am slow at getting things done... :p

Haha nice mod, the only person that has problems getting into the exploder now is mum, but shes doesnt like driving it anyways. If i ever get them 32" tires im hoping for then i might need the handles :D

Well I just did the passenger side A pillar. It came out okay. It should work. It's not quite as flush looking as I would like it to be. But whateva!

i went to the junkyard a couple days ago and got 3 of these handles but forgot about the brackets...do i need to go back and pick them up or would it be simple to just fab something up?

I love finding new projects on this site! The search function is great, was looking for roof leak solutions and ran across this! With my girl being 5'4" I will be doing this mod in the near future. Thank you Explorer Forum once again!

thanks for the post exactly what I was looking for

Back