How to Wire Auxiliary Reverse lights that come on in reverse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to Wire Auxiliary Reverse lights that come on in reverse

Hey guys,

This video shows you how to wire auxiliary reverse lights so that they come on when you put the truck into reverse. I know wiring scares some people but it really isnt that bad.

Let me know what you think of my setup!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice write-up. My problem is a location to put the lights. I have a tow bar and trying to find someplace to mount lights is a pain.

Nice write-up. My problem is a location to put the lights. I have a tow bar and trying to find someplace to mount lights is a pain.

Even with a tow bar, these lights fit where I put them. I am planning on getting a tow bar so that is why I put them where I did.

thanks for the great write up i just did mine today and they work great so far ill post ome pics as soon as it gets dark

Great video!

Been thinking about doing the same thing and your video shows how easy it is.
:thumbsup:

here are a few pics of mine all set up and working these are 5 inch masionte lights

IMG_20141013_102311543_zps9376ef7a.jpg

IMG_20141013_213235766_zpsccbbfa9e.jpg

IMG_20141013_213402353_zps070c6832.jpg

IMG_20141013_213409434_zps4e7245e1.jpg

IMG_20141013_213328503_zps0a717a2c.jpg

Been thinking about doing the same thing and your video shows how easy it is.
:thumbsup:
It really is not bad at all. It was a lot of fun to do and the results are the best part!

here are a few pics of mine all set up and working these are 5 inch masionte lights
Those look awesome! Nice work!

I don't like the mounting position of those lights, wouldn't they hit if you drag your arse out of a ditch?

I've thought of mounting reversing lights on the bolts that go through the hatch glass. I haven't looked too closely at it though.

You could tap the reverse wire on the factory tow loom.

When tapping a wire, I prefer the cut the wire and slip a piece of heat shrink tube on then solder all 3 wire ends together then shrink the tube over the join.

Back