Howdy | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hardlicka88

Reaction score
City, State
Carlin, Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I have a 2014 Explorer Sport with about 128k miles. I've had several small problems in the past 5 years, all of which were easily fixed by me. Currently, the AC isn't blowing cold and the vent selector won't switch from the regular front vents. I can't switch it to defrost, floor, or blend of any sort. It really sucks and I don't know what the deal is. Also, it started having a stutter up on acceleration, most apparent at low speed and moderate acceleration. Seems like it shifts a little hard into 3rd and 6th too. Anyone else had any of these issues?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! Check the blend door actuator. Do you have a check engine light?
No CEL at all. I'm going to do some research into the blend door actuator, locating and replacing if I can myself. The climate control issue is an annoyance for sure, but my bigger concern is the acceleration stutter. I'm looking into other forum threads that may be similar. I have found a few that mention stutter under heavy load/WOT, but mine is happening under light to moderate acceleration and most apparent at low speeds which makes driving through town not very fun.

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I have a 2014 Explorer Sport with about 128k miles. I've had several small problems in the past 5 years, all of which were easily fixed by me. Currently, the AC isn't blowing cold and the vent selector won't switch from the regular front vents. I can't switch it to defrost, floor, or blend of any sort. It really sucks and I don't know what the deal is. Also, it started having a stutter up on acceleration, most apparent at low speed and moderate acceleration. Seems like it shifts a little hard into 3rd and 6th too. Anyone else had any of these issues?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Yes, every one of those issues has been discussed, each in its own thread which makes it easier to follow.
Here is one on the actuators with a diagram; Another Blend door thread
The forum has a handy 'Search' feature at the top right which can be used to find other threads. It may take some getting used to but it is a great feature.

Peter

Back