hp dana 44 and 9 inch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hp dana 44 and 9 inch

ok so I have been neglecting my sas due to a broken wallet and some extensive research. So its a 1994 navajo that started out with a body lift and 31's. Then came 4.56s 35s, then a soa and lift springs. and then I broke both my hubs and my rear carrier. And decided I had enough with that glorious thing called the dana35 ttb. so I sold my 8 inch to a jeep guy and sold the ttb to another local guy. and started in on the sas.

I havent upgraded my account yet but will soon, so for now i will have to use photo bucket.:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this a completed project, or are you just beginning?

Is this a completed project, or are you just beginning?

well I have the 44 and 9 in but I am a ways from finished. I still have to build my steering links, gears, lockers, brakes, hubs, bumpers, manual tcase, and rebuild the 4.0. I am thinking of doing a 4 link in the rear and hopefully get some opinions so I figured I would start a thread.

Good luck! Totally worth it. Got most of my stuff from Ballistic. I stopped by their shop on my way to wheel in South AZ nice guys. Good stuff too.

nice build it looks really good.:thumbsup: I cant remember where ive seen those radius arms, they are adjustable right? is one of them wristed? how do you like those mtr's? I am gonna be in quite a bit of snow. I had the hankook RTO3s and it seemed they were terrible in the snow.

Love the MTR's...... I have a lot of experience with MTR's with work trucks. There are two arms in my pics, homemade and James Duff. No the arms are not wristed but flex pretty good anyway.

radius arms

hey justsomeguy did you say you cracked a custom extended radius arm? im curious where and how?

Perhaps -THIS- thread will give you some ideas..

I didn't quite get the angle right on the right arm so I had to fill in a little materiel (.25") by welding. I tried low hydrogen and nickle. just kept cracking at the weld on the one side. I really just needed to cut and weld another, I just didn't feel like building another. (single parent , two boys, time is short!). The james duff arms bolted on to my mounts and fit perfectly.

oh thanks for clearing that up. i thought your homemade extensions cracked after use. I pre-heated mine before welding and inner sleaved the .250 Dom with some smaller Dom that I drilled so they could be welded together,should be stout. BTW nice explorer!

had no problems with the extensions, to teh arms those were fine. It was were I cut and turned the arm to get caster back in line. I could have made one more arm but just ran out of fab time.

Back