HP Mods all around/Lift, Ideas and Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HP Mods all around/Lift, Ideas and Help!

Jester1994

Reaction score
City, State
Franklin, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 Explorer Sport
Hey guys, as you can see from my signature below, I only have a few mods. Open air K&N cylidrical filter, single flowmaster exhaust (no aftermarket headers). I am wondering what to do next!? (For the most bang for the buck....i.e.: no supercharger prices, ect, but I am interested!) :eek:

1. What do you all think of aftermarket mass airflow sensors? Help? and if so what types? (compliment my K&N?)

2. Dual flowmaster/magnaflow exhaust system? yes/no? Also, aftermarket headers? (want headers/whole dual system, pro's/con's?)

3. Chips? or Hypertech powerprogrammers? (don't like the idea of constantly having to run higher octanes though).

4. As for a lift, I was thinking of shackles and single AAL in the back, TT up front. All I want is 2 inches all around and no sag in the back anymore. I'll be getting 31 or 32 inch BFG all terrains sometime after that probably. Any other ideas for the lift/tires? I will be traveling with my X but still want a nice little lift/look, and a little offroadability.
Any kind of mod thoughts wanted and wlecomed!!!
Thanks guys! Joe :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look here for hp mods

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80558

I did exactly what Alec recommended: kkm intake, custom exhaust with Magnaflow and an Apten chip. It made a huge difference. Also did a 3" body, but I have a 94, so I couldn't do the TT/shackles or else I probably would have. I would go with the 31" tires. Approximate prices: kkm - $100, exhaust - $250, Apten chip - 250. Definitely a big boost in power for $600.

You can find answers to all of those questions on this board. Just do a search for MAF sensor, Granatelli, Pro-M, etc., duals, magnaflow, flowmaster, hypertech power programmer, apten, jet chip, fordchip, and all of that...

thanks!

Thanks guys. I also wanted to get people's opinions of their mods that they've done to similar X's as my 5.0liter. Wat do all of you all think of any power/performance mods you have done? Or any kind of 2 inch or so lift? I'm just looking for the motivation to go out and spend the money for the new mods...:D

I recently put on warrior shackles and went with 265/75/15's (31's). I haven't twisted the bars yet, as I tow a trailer for my summer job, and that levels the truck out. I think I will go with AAL soon, when the trailer is loaded with 2 tons of PT 2x6x16 the EX tends to droop a bit in the back. I think I would like to do some of the same mods you're thinking of for more power too. I say lift it a little and go with 31's, then park next to , or pull up next to all the people that have the stock ride. They look at your truck and are like....damn. Good luck.

Back