HUGE Sport Trac at SEMA 2004?

97XEB

Reaction score
City, State
,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB
HUGE Sport Trac at SEMA 2003?

So I'm reviewing the Off-Road.com SEMA 2004 review / photos and I come across this in the Day 3 Off-Road Gallery??!!!!

:bounce: :eek: http://bbs.off-road.com/photobb/showphoto.php?photo=25653&size=big&papass=&sort=1 :eek: :bounce:

Looks an awful lot to me like a Spor Trac - which would be awesome. (Although, I think it might be a 2wd from looking at the coilovers going through the upper arms... bummer.)

Anyway:
1. Are my eyes playin tricks on me or is that a Sport Trac?
2. Who's is it? (Don't see any vendor info!! :frustrate )
3. How'd they lift it.

It's AWESOME. I want my Explorer sittin like that!! :cool:

Rick, or anyone else who was lucky enough to be there in person, did you see this thing while you were out there? Can you give us the scoop?

Thanks,
Jim

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To answer quiestion #2:
I believe it is owned by APC. There are little APC decals in the rear windows nad an APC booth in the background.

That might just be the WORST wheel/tire combo I have ever seen!!!:)

Originally posted by Critical_Level2
To answer quiestion #2:
I believe it is owned by APC. There are little APC decals in the rear windows nad an APC booth in the background.

Actually the company name is A1C. There is a line/slash through the logo. If it makes you feel better, I thought it was APC for a long time until I started ordering from them directly as a vendor.

The Sport Trac is 2wd and has a nice stance.

Robb, I agree. I'm not feeling the tire/wheel combo. I like big wheels with big tires (ie 17s/35s) but that just doesn't look good. 20s/35s aren't quite the combo.

i always thougth it was APC, sone it stood for american products company...... also on ther web page i thought i seen APC....... o well i could be wrong

OK, you're right I'm wrong. I just looked them up on the web. For some reason their books and the sku# showed up in my store as A1C. #$% computers anyway.

Not too attracted to that tire/wheel combo either, although it is using those new iRocks from Super Swamper, but that is not saving it by much....:thumbdwn:

haha those tires are sweet and those rims are sweet but not together!! :p

sweet-ass step up bars though. and the tires dont go with the wheels.

That would be SEMA '03. SEMA '04 hasn't happened yet. ;)

Although it's not a typical design of APC, they sure did a good job of making it look bad. Some features of the truck are cool, but leave it to APC to make everything look as cheap as possible.

SEMA 03 - thanks Hartman.

Like many of you, I really don't like the wheels either (I do like the IROKs) and there are some other choices I wouldn't have made if the truck were mine. However, I'm really surprised and disappointed with all the pure, non-value added negativity.

The aftermarket hasn't exactly welcomed the Explorer / Sport Trac platform with open arms, as is done for Jeeps, Toyotas and ever increasingly...the Nissan Exterra. Even the new Jeep Liberty has more available off-road products than the X!! We should be supportive any time someone does a respectable X / ST build-up. Its potentially great news for us - esp when its on display at something that grabs huge aftermarket / media attention, like SEMA. Maybe this build inspires another vendor and/or more people to build Xs and STs, which would generate more excitement, demand and vendor support. All a good thing. This isn't your standard torqued torsion bar, Superlift or Trailmaster 4" kit, or adpated body lift and 33s. Some work went into this thing.

I'm over the wheels....I'd like to invite the owner and build / frabrication shop to this site to illustrate an existing market. What shop did the build? How'd they do it? Can they make a similar lift for 4wds? Are those steps strong enough to be sliders and Hi-Lift point? Are any of the lift components or slider / steps going to production for us to buy?

Back