I need a vin 2022 model if possible that has | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a vin 2022 model if possible that has

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer Limited
I need a vin for a 2022 Explorer or the likes, for comparison. We want to turn on via ForScan the Handsfree tailgate release. 2023 Explorer was shipped with all the parts, but is turned off in programming.

Or if anyone knows the line in the BCM.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just go to the web site of a dealer and you should be able to view the window sticker of anything in stock. You can get a VIN off of that.

Just go to the web site of a dealer and you should be able to view the window sticker of anything in stock. You can get a VIN off of that.
Thanks, have looked at a bunch and not finding any with the "Hands Free Tailgate" option installed. I may have to look back to 2021.

I need a vin for a 2022 Explorer or the likes, for comparison. We want to turn on via ForScan the Handsfree tailgate release. 2023 Explorer was shipped with all the parts, but is turned off in programming.

Or if anyone knows the line in the BCM.

Thanks
I'd be very surprised if you can activate it by simply turning it ON via FORScan. If yours was shipped with the Foot-Activated Liftgate "delete, then there is probably a module or something that wasn't installed. I can't see the factory turning it OFF for no reason.

Peter

I'd be very surprised if you can activate it by simply turning it ON via FORScan. If yours was shipped with the Foot-Activated Liftgate "delete, then there is probably a module or something that wasn't installed. I can't see the factory turning it OFF for no reason.

Peter
The sales person was as surprised as us that there was no delete for this item on the window sticker or the build sheet. When we got there and saw that the function did not work, they had a service tech look under the car and he said all of the components are there., module and all.

Apparently in late Nov, ford issued a memo that they would no longer install this function on vehicles. How my sons got the parts, but not activated is unknown to every one. I have since found a 22 and have had a person well known in the ForScan arena, compare the 2 as builts. We have one line that is different and as soon as I can get back over to my sons, we will make the change. Even the folks at the dealership said its all there, just needs to be activated. With the parts there, that explains why we did not receive a $55 credit. Time will tell. Thanks

I would be OK with the secure code on the door being deleted... but i would really be irritated with the kick to open being removed.

Back