I need help installing my 73mm C&L Meter | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need help installing my 73mm C&L Meter

Fantasymon

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
I bought a used 73mm C&L Meter off a guy from a Mustang forum. The guy told me that he called C&L they said it had the "correct tube" for the Explorer. Now I am trying to install it and wondering if I bought the wrong one.

Can somebody please look at these pictures and tell me if I have the wrong one. If I don't, then how do you get the MAF housing inside of the meter? And what is the tube for?

Photo 1: Top of the C&L. How does the MAF attach to this? Does the C&L have to be fabricated??
IMG_0006.jpg

Photo 2: Inside of the C&L. This shows the "tube" which I have no clue what it is for.
IMG_0009.jpg

Photo 3: This is the STOCK housing with MAF attached. (for reference)
IMG_0005.jpg

Thank You

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I beleive that you have an incorrect C & L MAF housing.

Take a look at the pictures of mine in the following thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136883&highlight=maf

Yea I was reading your post right as you responded. Ugh...What a pain...Everything else looks to be the same, just the maf sensor is way too small. I guess thats what I get for trying to buy used and save some money.

Edit: After looking at yours more closely, it actually looks like they are the same C&L Meter, but that C&L modified the Explorer ones by drilling the hole larger. The "tube" is just held to the housing by 2 hex screws (and the 2 holes are removed when the maf hole is drilled larger.)

What kind of shop could I take this to to have it fabricated for my maf?

Buying used is fine, just be sure to purchase from an honorable seller.

Try to see if he/she will take it back.

Good luck ....

bump...this is a thread I created three years ago and I still have this unused MAF housing I bought.

Does anybody know if I can buy a Mustang MAF sensor to work with this housing on my 2000 OHV explorer? I know I would have to have my tune updated which I need done anyways for my new headers.

Any suggestions?? thanks

I think I am just going to keep bumping this thread until one day I get an answer....

come on, somebody here has to know the answer to this!

bump....

bump

Back