• Register Today It's free!

i want 33's!

olivesman

Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Eddie '91 Sport
i'm sorry, but i'm way to lazy to search through all past threads for an answer to my question. plus, i have yet to be dissapointed when i ask you guys a question. here's my problem: i want to run 33's on my 91' sport 4x4. i had a 5.5" ordered from a fellow user several months ago, but due to financial reasons, i was not able complete the transaction, but i was not able to complete the transaction. now, i must find a simpler way. what i wanted to do was:

-3" body lift
-1.5" warrior shackles
-costum coil spacers(from another user)

this will give me 4.5" of lift. i hope this will enable me to run 33x12.5 tsl's. i know i can fit 31's stock. so, i think this should work. does anyone see any problems w/ this? has anyone done anything similar? does anyone have a better plan? (remember, i need it to be cheap) thanks a lot-russel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a '92 XLT with a 4" and 35's. 33's will fit just fine.
This is the 4" with 33's and no fenders
View

and this is with 35'sa dn fenders
View

Good luck.

Colin

LoL. :banghead:
Those damn 35's.

You should be able to run the 33's with that amount of lift. Theres alot of guys running 33's with just the 3" body lift.

thanks guys- fender, your truck looks pretty sweet. i LOVE white trucks! just can't quite fall in love(like for that matter) those BFG's. keep wheelin-russel

olivesman: 20 bucks says i'm lazier then you :)

rather then read thread after thread to find out, i think i'll just ask you :) where did you get the warrior shackles and what was the part number ?

thanks,
Jeff aka Lamah

I've got the 4" Superrunner lift and can't get 33's to fit without doing some fender trimming. I need at least one more inch to make them fit.

Yah, I ran my X on the street for a few days with my boggers and my 4in skyjacker with rub....not bad...I added new springs and a body lift.....now they wont rub one bit....So, my guess is, you'll be fine

I've got 6 inches of lift, and my 33x12.5s not only rubbed terriably on the front fenders, but also on the front bumper.

with 6 inches of lift ?

Okay, 6in of lift....and 33x12.5's and yer still rubbing....something sounds a lil wrong there....I've had 33's with 4in they worked....and I've got 35's with 6in of lift, and they only rub on my radius arms at full steering lock, because the offset on the rim is incorrect......Something sounds a lil odd....cause as hard as i've tried, ive never been able to get my 35's to touch my fender or bumpers......
Pete

They would only rub on the bumper when i would turn sharp and the tire would get pushed up. However, they rubbed on the rear of the fender whenever I turned. I've cut nearly 3 inches off the fender. I dont have any rubbing on the radius arms or sway bar.
How much offset do you have? I've got them on 15x10s with 4 inches of offset.

Originally posted by olivesman

-3" body lift
-1.5" warrior shackles
-costum coil spacers(from another user)

this will give me 4.5" of lift. i hope this will enable me to run 33x12.5 tsl's. i know i can fit 31's stock. so, i think this should work. does anyone see any problems w/ this? has anyone done anything similar? does anyone have a better plan? (remember, i need it to be cheap) thanks a lot-russel

I ran 31's stock also and after doing this exact lift combo am running 33's the only place I rub is on the front sway bar at full lock and the control arm both pretty lightly! In the rear at full stuff the tires make contact with the inner wheel well again not bad!
Hope this helps!

just my two cents.

I think your problem is in the 10" wide rims. I run around 6-7" of lift and 33x12.50 mud terrains. I run mine on 15x8 rims with 3.75" of backspacing. I just got back from a run about a month ago and never had any problem rubbing the front, even the radius arms. the only problem I had was in the rear. When the truck was in full lock the rear tires rubbed the fenders. It usually wasn't a problem, and only happened a few times. I wouldn't personally run 33's with any less than 6" of lift. Less than 6 would be fine if you don't plan to do much off roading.

Personally I would run the smallest lift with the biggest tires I could. I have 35s with a 4" lift with no rubbing anywhere AT ALL! When I first lifted my truck I had 33x12.50 on 15x8 wheels and 3.25" backspading. The only rubbing I had was in the rear when I hit a big bump straigh on. Maybe I got lucky with y truck but 35s baby with 4" of lift and LOTS of MAJOR off-roading. I also have more flex in the front than a lot of the people on this site, so the tires really stuff up in there. good luck with your decision olivesman.

Rubbing

so, fenderguy, you are saying that 35's don't rub in your rear fenderwells AT ALL? If they don't, how much have you cut them out? If you haven't cut them out, I find it very hard to believe. I run 33's with 6" of lift and my tires rub the fenders in the rear.

If your going to tell people that 35's will fit a under a 4" lift, you should also tell them you have a fiberglass front end that gives you at least 4 or 5 mor inches of clearance. I still haven't figured out how you get by in the rear, but whatever works for you. Do you run a springover in the rear, or arched springs. I run arched springs wich tend to be a little stiffer and I still rub in the rear. Just want to know if you have some magic setup or something else your not telling us.

The rear is cut a little bit and I have the TrailMaster 4" leafs back there. before I cut anything I had the 4" lift with 33s on it with no rubbing either, which looked like this

View

You definitely don't need 6" of lift to off-road with 33s.

Colin,
Where have you been? I'm going to email you to see if you want to head to the desert.
Brian

Brian-
Been really busy with work and doing a lot of free lance work lately. I'm ready to go though. Finally got the new coils and tires, and work isn't so hecktic (sp)? anymore.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My tires rubbed with the 32's before I took the skirts off. I have the same lift and wheels (15X8.5 Centerline HT's) as a friend of mine. He runs 33's on his no problem, I can't get them to go on without major rubbing on the back of the front fender. I think its the luck of the draw with these X-plers due to the terrible quality control at Ford. The good part is, that with this SupperRunner lift, I can put 5" coils in the front, keep my 4" drop brackets, and it should still align.

Back