illumination wire in enter console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

illumination wire in enter console

cisurfer

Reaction score
City, State
central, nj
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 sport
i want to do that LED in the cupholder thing and only want them to come on when the headlights do. I read to splice into the illumination wire goin to the rear radio controls. how can i find out which wire it is without cutting and testing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

try using the wires for the bulb that is in the center consol anyway....it goes to the ash tray splice into it or just cut it off and connect them.

i dont have an ash tray....i want to use whatever wire is for lights in the center console

no i dont need that i just want to know which wire in the console illuminates the radio and ac controls in the rear becuz i want to splice that to the LED lights. otherwise im gunna be forced to splice into the 12v power and use a switch becuz the power is always on

Well nobody is forcing you to do anything
lol

Get your meter out, take the rear control out ( easy) and do some checking

I was kind of thinking you could use this harness to show where to splice it's ashtray light into your harness
Oh well

yea i appreciated the thought but i guess ill just trial and error it lol :D

Back