Indiglo Gauges for 91-94 X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Indiglo Gauges for 91-94 X

anybody have the indiglo gauges in their 91-94 X? i just ordered a set and was wondering what people think of them and how easy/hard they are to install.

the ones i got are on e-bay for 34-36 bucks and do not require that you remove the needles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i got the reverse indglow ones i like it but your going to have to take off the needles if im correct i had to take mine off all you use is a fork they come right off want some pics tell me ill get them for you tomarrow hopefully

jason

pics would be helpful...my e-mail address is in my signature. i looked at the reverse silver ones but i do alot of noght driving and with the tint, i am hoping the regular indiglos will help keep me awake.

ps, how long did it take you start to finish and how do you wire them...and were there any problems with the speedo cable?

it didnt take long i think like three hours cause w had no idea what the hell to do no problems with the speedo cable what we did was huk the main power up to the parking light switch does yours come with a switch for them cause on mine i couldnt use the stock light switch so i had to drill some holes in my dash to put on the switch it came with it wasnt hard the hardest was lining up the needles im still off a mph but oh well ohh watch out some people say that theirs didnt line up right like they dont touch and the same with mine but it still looks good and also look at it carefully on mine the F and the E on the fuel gage are backwards instead of

E-------F its F--------E but its minor

jason

hopefully you can read it with any confusion

Here's some pics of reverse indiglos:

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Hope you like:)

not bad. the other reason i didnt want the reverse gauges like you have is that the redline on the tach is wrong. it actually redlines just before 5000 rpm and i have a stick so i (and on the rare occasion that i let somebody else drive it) pay attention to that.

i'm more specifically looking for advise on the indiglo ones (where the whole thing lights up). i'm especially curious if they get hot.

ps, your dash would lookgood with the aluminum trim kit. i'm thinking about the carbon fiber kit myself.

They shouldn't get hot..

And I'm still debating what I want to do with the dash..

personally, i hate the look of the aluminum bezel. i would suggest the carbin fiber bezel and then the carbon fiber accents for the rest of the dash.

ps, where'd you get the billet grill?

udsmvt

Click on my home page on the bottom of my post, I have indiglo gauges and a carbonfiber gauge cluster

hey guys where can i get some indiglo gauges and pedals for my 92 ex

does the carbon fiber bezel go right on top of the gauges or does it go on the outer plastic part? also, how hard was it to install the gauges?

i am buying all parts on ebay.

It goes over the gauges

As long as you line it up, it is not hard to install as long as you have your dash apart to install the gauges

Back