Instrument cluster gauges don't work , its not the panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Instrument cluster gauges don't work , its not the panel

G-96XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto, ONT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT , '00 Sport
I have a 96 XLT and 2000 Sport.

The intrument gauges in the 96 recently stopped working, the lights come on but the FUEL , SPEEDO, RPM etc.. is dead, as is the milegage. I pulled the cluster and put it in the sport and it fired right up. What could be my problem ? what other components are there to the gauges and the instrument panel. I already tried every fuse inside the car and under the hood and all of them are fine.

what fuses did you check and how??? Looking at a fuse is like looking at a woman, she might look OK but when you get down it, she might not be any good.... try #11. Next check for voltage on your cluster with a meter.

You are totally right.. It was #11. a 7.5A fuse. When I pulled it out I could see the thing was burned in the middle.. I replaced it with a 10A which is all I had in my storage compartment. Thanks..

Money Pit acting up

You are totally right.. It was #11. a 7.5A fuse. When I pulled it out I could see the thing was burned in the middle.. I replaced it with a 10A which is all I had in my storage compartment. Thanks..

After pulling every fuse and pulling the dash apart this ending up working and fixed my sticky Speedo issues as well, thanks

Back