Intelligent 4WD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Intelligent 4WD

New user here too! So mine first did all of those same fault messages back in May 2020 at about 4,000 miles. Took it in and they replaced the speed sensor. Worked fine until September near the 8,000 mile mark. They then replaced the transmission control module. It worked for about 2 weeks and then happened again. Ford has now had my car for over 2 weeks. They are now going to replace the transfer case.

My personal opinion is they know there is an issue (I've seen mulitple posts out there of same issue) and they don't know how to fix it yet. I have a claim into Ford for a buy back and I'm waiting for decision.
I hope everything works out!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hope everything works out!!!
Update: Got my car back on Wednesday and it's now Friday and all the alerts popped up again. Going back to the dealership for the 4th time! Still waiting for response from Ford about buy back.

Update: Got my car back on Wednesday and it's now Friday and all the alerts popped up again. Going back to the dealership for the 4th time! Still waiting for response from Ford about buy back.
Ouch.....that sounds so painful....

So sorry to hear that. Really hope they get back to you soon and/or that they figure this out so that our cars will be ok ☹

You haven't lived till it locks up all four wheels doing 75 on the interstate because it believes it has encountered sand or ice. :rolleyes:

Twice .................. That's why I'm on my third ST. Eventually, Ford will get it right. :D

Any update on eve buy back or resolution? My 2020 that I bought 12/2020 has been popping up 4WD fault for nearly 2 months. It took a month to get it into the dealership. They had no idea why it was occurring, and it is still occurring. Has nothing to do with speed or distance driven. It pops up after the vehicle has been on for approximately 15 minutes. This can be while driving or while sitting on the school pickup line.

Any update on eve buy back or resolution? My 2020 that I bought 12/2020 has been popping up 4WD fault for nearly 2 months. It took a month to get it into the dealership. They had no idea why it was occurring, and it is still occurring. Has nothing to do with speed or distance driven. It pops up after the vehicle has been on for approximately 15 minutes. This can be while driving or while sitting on the school pickup line.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on November 24, 2020. I wonder if it could be a faulty sensor? Did the dealer mention if they pulled any trouble codes?

Peter

New user here as well...

I am having the same trouble that was originally posted in my 2020 ST. I am getting 5 or 6 different fault messages. Is any of this potentially dangerous to the operation of the vehicle?

Pre-collision assit fault
Hill Start Assit Fault
Advance Trac Fault
4WD Fault
Auto Hold / Hold Assist Fault
Rear braking assist fault

Not the first time I've had a problem - originally the vehicle would not start up normally (i.e get in vehicle, apply brake then press the start/power button). It would start up via the remote, but when I touched the brake the vehicle shutdown. Ford held it for 2.5 days and reported no trouble found.
My Platinum is still in the shop for other stuff but I too had the list, along with some other fault displays. I haven't seen the paperwork but I'm told they did find my problem....a sensor but, again, no details yet. Here's my list:

• Reverse brake assist not available
  • Hill Start Assist Not Available
  • 4WD Temporarily Disabled
  • 4WD Fault, Service Required
  • Camera is unavailable. Please contact your dealership.
  • Pre-Collision Assist Not Available
  • Drive Mode Not Available
  • Intelligent Cruise Control Not Available
  • Blind Spot Detection With Cross Traffic Fault
  • Service Advance Trac

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
FYI, the member you quoted was last seen here on November 24, 2020. I wonder if it could be a faulty sensor? Did the dealer mention if they pulled any trouble codes?

Peter
They couldn’t get the message to pop while there. I’ve realized now that it’s because the car has to run for 15 minutes for it to display. They can see all the error messages. I’ll have to ask about trouble codes when I can actually get service to take my calls or call me back.

Back