Interior Lighting - Match Ambient Color? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Interior Lighting - Match Ambient Color?

JAMADOR

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited RWD
I haven't had a chance to mess around much with Forscan on the Explorer yet, but was curious if anyone knows if the interior lighting can be made to match the ambient lighting color?
I know on our Expedition, I was able to set the entry/exit color to match the ambient color (orange, in my case), so they aren't blue, then switch on start, then back to blue when turning off.

More specifically, the overhead ambient lighting by the map/dome lights, which are always blue.
The front cubby where the USB ports are would be nice too, but wondering if it's an incandescent bump that I can just replace.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't believe this has been brought up before so I think you are 'in uncharted waters' so to speak. I keep mine on the ice blue but when I open the driver's door at night the colour in the door changes to red.

Peter

I don't believe this has been brought up before so I think you are 'in uncharted waters' so to speak. I keep mine on the ice blue but when I open the driver's door at night the colour in the door changes to red.

Peter
Safety feature - if you are on the side of the road, cars behind you will notice it better

I've got both my Explorer & the wife's Expedition set to orange for the ambient, as I like that or red, at night.
Just happened to think about it last night driving home, that the overhead are blue, regardless of the set color of the rest of the ambient lighting. Will have to find some time to see if Forscan can alter that one, or if one of the other Explorer models (ST or Timberline, maybe?) has a different overhead lighting color in the overhead console.

I've got both my Explorer & the wife's Expedition set to orange for the ambient, as I like that or red, at night.
Just happened to think about it last night driving home, that the overhead are blue, regardless of the set color of the rest of the ambient lighting. Will have to find some time to see if Forscan can alter that one, or if one of the other Explorer models (ST or Timberline, maybe?) has a different overhead lighting color in the overhead console.
Same thing in the Explorer; Blue Overhead Lighting in Front Seats

Peter

Finally got a chance to connect Forscan to the Explorer.
Didn't see any ambient lighting options under the BCM in simple mode. Was hoping to at least change the entry/exit color to match the ambient lighting. Nada there, that I could find.
Did at least get the double honk & bambi mode done.

Back