Is the front door hinge adjustable inward? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is the front door hinge adjustable inward?

toolman4

Reaction score
City, State
Mn
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Platinum
I need to move the door inward on top. When ever the wind blows the door moves in and out on top causing an air leak.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With out seeing it adjusting the door latch might solve the problem.

With out seeing it adjusting the door latch might solve the problem.
Yeah that might help. That front hinge would help the most if it's possible to tilt the top in some over that point. The lines on the door are good, but I'm just trying to tighten the door against that new seal.

I can't see the wind moving the actual door the way it is bolted to the frame. Are you able to move the door by hand?
Has it always been like this? Why was the seal replaced? Perhaps that is the problem, not the actual door.

Peter

Bought the car used with 25000 on it. Dealer put a new seal in to try and fix it after the mechanic test drove it. The door doesn't move when I grab it and try to move it. That door is pretty big and the small metal frame around the top of the window lets it flex up top. Drove through an 80mph storm and that's when I saw it really flex and then knew where the problem was. The air noise got louder and louder. I'm in a area with constant wind so I guess I notice it more. Does it on the passenger side too but not as bad. I think the door hinge is adjustable up and down....just wondering about inward toward the visor.

Back