Is there a such thing? 4 door, manual, SOHC? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is there a such thing? 4 door, manual, SOHC?

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Were there any 4 door Ex's with the 5 speed manual tranny and 4.0 SOHC? And 4x4 too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i beleive so i think my work has impounded a few in that config...or at least i know we've had 4x4 4door 4.0 with 5 speeds i think some were even sohc..but i may be wrong im not that versed on all that

There were a few 2002's built like that, but I think all the 2nd gen 5-speeds had the OHV.

Were there any 4 door Ex's with the 5 speed manual tranny and 4.0 SOHC? And 4x4 too.

Other than the third gens in 2002 possibly the 2001 Xs. All of the 2001s had the SOHC engine. It is possible that that since they beefed up the manual trans to go with the SOHC that no manuals made it into 2001s. I haven't found any 2001s yet with a manual.

Other than the third gens in 2002 possibly the 2001 Xs. All of the 2001s had the SOHC engine. It is possible that that since they beefed up the manual trans to go with the SOHC that no manuals made it into 2001s. I haven't found any 2001s yet with a manual.

True. On autotrader I have come across a handful of 2002 manuals, but ever only one confirmed that also had Control Trac

The '01 Sports also came with them. So the combo is definitely possible for an '01 4 door. It would be very hard to find one considering they were only produced for a few months in '01.

I don't believe there are any. When we bought our '01 XLS 4 door, I was looking for a manual and the dealer couldn't locate any. IIRC, they looked into the system and that combo just wasn't available.

The Sports had them all the way through the last year they made them in 2003.

Was implying OHC with a 5 speed.

Thats odd they wouldn't offer it for '01.

Was implying OHC with a 5 speed.

Yeah that's what I meant. That the Sports had a OHC and 5 speed through the last year they made them in 2003. But I guess you were reffering to the 2001 years?

To my knowledge, the Sport never had the SOHC and manual combination. They were available with the OHV (dinosaur) 4.0L, but not the SOHC.

The Rangers had them available, however, so a swap would be feasible. Unfortunately you'd be getting the lousy M5OD though, so I wouldn't recommend it...

-Joe

To my knowledge, the Sport never had the SOHC and manual combination. They were available with the OHV (dinosaur) 4.0L, but not the SOHC.

The Rangers had them available, however, so a swap would be feasible. Unfortunately you'd be getting the lousy M5OD though, so I wouldn't recommend it...

-Joe

From 2001 and up the Sports only had the SOHC and you could get manuals in them through the last year they made them 2003. I own one. And owned another one in the past also.

I learn something new every day! :)

-Joe

ya they are very rare, especcialy in a 4 door, just so happens as soon as i decided to buy a vehicle i foind this and bought it, dont see them hardly ever, mine is the OHV, good luck finding one if they make them in the SOHC

Back