• Register Today It's free!

Issue after 5R55E rebuild

corvander

Reaction score
City, State
poconos pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 sport
i got my 5r55e back in today and something is wrong with the shifter. I cannot feel the grears engage when i go from park to drive also i have no reverse or netural. it feels like the transmission does not know what it is doing. i have park but when in park i give it gas and it still tries to move forward. also when i go to drive i cannot feel it engage but if i give it gas the wheels will turn but has alot of drag please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

go back to the shop you got it done at and let them know...

i did it myself I'm wondering if the prnl switch is messed up

I bet you missed the manual valve when you reinstalled the valve body.

mBerqDjjg4z0NG8knDsv6yjVfqN-IGHLPhhfG0gBuksLVg3V4Q.jpg

hmm thats possible thank you for response and pic I will check it out on monday

yes! i missed the manual valve. i lowered the valve body some and attached the valve it works great now thank you so much!! one other question while i was messing around i noticed there is an adjustment on the PRNL switch on the side of the trans what is the adjustment for?

DTR Sensor?

I suspect you're referring to the digital transmission range sensor (DTR sensor). It is a collection of multi-position switches that allows the PCM to know what transmission range is selected. I think the adjustment for the shift indicator is behind the dash near the steering column.

yes! i missed the manual valve. i lowered the valve body some and attached the valve it works great now thank you so much!! one other question while i was messing around i noticed there is an adjustment on the PRNL switch on the side of the trans what is the adjustment for?

When the switch is installed it needs to adjusted so it lines up to neutral when the shifter is in neutral.

Back