Junkyard93 build | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Junkyard93 build

Junkyard93

Reaction score
City, State
Dacula
Year, Model & Trim Level
I rescued this old girl from the crusher only cost me 200 bucks and she drove home I am slowly fixing her up and starting the mods this is how she sits now

20190124_114348.jpg

20190121_211424.jpg

20190121_164735.jpg

20190121_164723.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good of you to rescue that old Explorer, can't believe you got a runner for $200- that's a great price. Is that an XL? Looks like the no frills model. Can't wait to see the progress. Thanks for sharing.

I dont know which model but it has power windows mirrors and locks from what i gather it is inly missing 4x4 it had a roof rack but someone took it off and honestly i like it that way ill probably buy an off road one eventually. I also want front and rear steel bumpers with a winch some period off road lights and possibly converting the back into a tool storage area

Off road lights but i want to keep them period, off road bumpers and winch and radio bedline the exterior and turn the back into a tool storage area. I am a mechanic and would love to have a mobile unit it has 81,000 orgional miles new shocks transmission tires and break booster. I will definetly take pics if the inside once I get it back together I am redoing the headliner and have pulled some other trip to replace it. I have been getting alot from the junkyard

I purchased some toys for my explorer, limb risers, a jerry can and an off road jack. I am also getting a steel bumper with a winch in a couple months any susgestions on brand of winch? Yesterday I got all my door handels and power locks working. I will have the power mirrors working soon the previous owner cut the wires in the door so after a trip to the junkyard i got what i needed to fix it. I am still waiting on my power window regulator. I got the new door locks in and will replace the Ignition cylinder next weekend. Has anyone build a snorkel for a 1st gen explorer? I am looking into speakers for it and a radio so soon I can get some music for when I work on it. The old girl is leaking from the valve covers bad and there is some other leaks along with a bad power steering noise I will probably been tearing into it all once it gets warmer

Screenshot_20190204-175625_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190204-175547_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190204-175604_eBay.jpg

xcellent I love Gen I so glad to see them getting saved

93 is a VERY VERY good year for the Explorer they are tough not unlike a tank

I purchased some toys for my explorer, limb risers, a jerry can and an off road jack. I am also getting a steel bumper with a winch in a couple months any susgestions on brand of winch? Yesterday I got all my door handels and power locks working. I will have the power mirrors working soon the previous owner cut the wires in the door so after a trip to the junkyard i got what i needed to fix it. I am still waiting on my power window regulator. I got the new door locks in and will replace the Ignition cylinder next weekend. Has anyone build a snorkel for a 1st gen explorer? I am looking into speakers for it and a radio so soon I can get some music for when I work on it. The old girl is leaking from the valve covers bad and there is some other leaks along with a bad power steering noise I will probably been tearing into it all once it gets warmer

View attachment 167370

View attachment 167371

View attachment 167372

Have you installed the Limb Riser? If yes, do you have a picture of the result and a link where you purche it?

Thanks!

Back