94 Explorer Build | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 Explorer Build

Not much more to report. Was taking Front end apart to change disk brakes and came across the 2 1/4 inch nut that I do not have the tool for. SO I will be soon changing to Manual locking hubs. I have the Tool for those but not for the Auto locking hubs. Once I get everything at home Will update.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not much more to report. Was taking Front end apart to change disk brakes and came across the 2 1/4 inch nut that I do not have the tool for. SO I will be soon changing to Manual locking hubs. I have the Tool for those but not for the Auto locking hubs. Once I get everything at home Will update.
IIRC, I think it's actually a 2 3/8 "rounded hex" socket that you need. I picked one up at advance auto parts years ago, before I swapped over to manual hubs.

IIRC, I think it's actually a 2 3/8 "rounded hex" socket that you need. I picked one up at advance auto parts years ago, before I swapped over to manual hubs.

Yeah I looked at all of my Auto stores around me and NO ONE had it. So I am just going to go manual. It Will be better anyway.

Yeah I looked at all of my Auto stores around me and NO ONE had it. So I am just going to go manual. It Will be better anyway.
Definitely better! No more weak auto hubs, and no more backing up to unlock them!😁👍

A little update on my Explorer. Got the R/A bushing replaced. (HUGE P.I.A.) Just saying. Got the 2" Lift spacers up front installed now need new shocks AGAIN! My fault on that one. Adjusted the Caster/Camber bolts as best I can till I am able to get the new ones installed and a proper alignment can be done. No to finish the rear add a leaf and finish cutting rust out on the side for the 2x6 steel I will be putting there. Got new to me rims and tires for her. The size of the tires are 265/75R16's. I also got the manual locking hubs for the front. Still need the hub part for driver side. But she is coming along. Here is a current picture of her.
thumbnail_IMG_0030.jpg

So I did some tinkering last night on my Ex. Got a Speaker box from a 2nd gen and installed my 8" Pyle into it and got my Amp Mounted on the Wall. The Screen is that its a Screen for a Screen window. Later when I have time will run the cables to it to get it playing. WOW what a big to do to get behind that panel.
thumbnail_image_72192707.jpg

Well Got things done and now she is rolling around like she is suppose to. Now needing an Alignment and then she will be 100%ish LOL. Removed Tow Hitch, Rear sway bar, and replaced rear shocks. The old ones look like they were original shocks. Once had rust holes. it is nice driving her finally. Here are a couple pics of here. Yes Right now it is Mall Crawling but after alignment then I will get her out on to the trails. I am excited to get her out there. Can't wait to see what she will be able to do.

thumbnail_image_50395905.jpg
thumbnail_image_50415873.jpg
thumbnail_image_55415491.jpg

So I am still using the old rims off my Rig :cool: I have a small trailer that also has 5 on 4.5 lugs. Bought some 1.5"spacers and was able to get them put on. I think it looks pretty cool. Now to get a Ranger bed to see if it would fit on the frame. Then it would be very cool LOL. So now I have a spare tire for my trailer.
thumbnail_image_72192707 (1).jpg

So not sure if I will be able to keep this one. The PO did not get title into his name and when I went to the DMV I was not able to get it titled in my name. SO I am still trying to get a hold of the PO. Not very happy. This is a VERY clean and low mileage explorer. Wanted to put many miles on her. Will see what happens in the future.

Well looks like I will be looking for another Explorer. This one I can not get registered cause I can not get a hold of the PO. Anyone looking for a parts Explorer with only 91,000 miles on her?

Can you ‘sue’ for ownership like tow yards do to abandoned cars

Can you ‘sue’ for ownership like tow yards do to abandoned cars
Yes I can take him to Small Claims court but that is time I do not have. I have another option that I am looking at. Looking like I will be able to keep her.

Also, if you haven't changed out the auto hubs yet, NAPA has the 2 3/8 rounded hex socket for it for $16.

Also, if you haven't changed out the auto hubs yet, NAPA has the 2 3/8 rounded hex socket for it for $16.
Thanks and yeah the Auto Hubs are already changed out to the manual. My Dad has a Pair a Channel locks HUGE and I used that to get the way key out and then they just came off like butter.

Well a sad day came and went. Was not able to get the Title for the Explorer. Had to get rid of her. I took everything off that I bought for my next Explorer that I will be getting as soon as I am able to. Will keep you all posted once I know of a good Ex for sale and I am able to buy it.

Well Looks like all the work I did on the Blue one is now going to be done on this one :) I will be bringing her home next week. Can't wait to get this one home and started and out on the trials. She has 168,000 miles on her and she starts right up. A few things need taken care of inside cosmetically but that is all good. The outside looks really nice.
New 94 01.jpg
New 94 02.jpg
New 94 04.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a fine looking truck. Drive the wheels off of her

Back