Just got stuck in the mud...no one to pull me out?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just got stuck in the mud...no one to pull me out??

A come a long is like tweny bucks. Other ideas are to use your hi-lift jack as a winch. You could also air down your tires to like ten lbs to get better traction, make a sand ladder (like a rope latter that your tires walk up for traction. I've been stuck several times before I've had a winch and usually I had to resort to the come along when I'd get real hung up and my wheelin buddy with a cherokee was too light to pull me out. Get creative and keep your cool. You said that it was solid up until you slipped, maybe you can ask someone in a bigger 4x4 to pull ya out. I've had a blast pulling strangers out of situations

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd get bigger than a 2 ton come along. Your truck weighs more than that on pavement.
im gonna be pissed if the thing gets a dent in the side or something breaks trying to pull me out
If ya can't pay, don't play. I'm sure if you slung as much mud as you said you'll have a lot of new scratches. Suck it up and call a wrecker.

Another idea is to buy a set of the fold out metal tracks. You unfold them and ram them under the tires. Actually work very well if for only 2 feet at a time.

My father in law always says, 4wd will just get you stuck further from help.

:D :D :D

But he nor I would never Not have a 4wd

What ever happened to the number one rule of not going wheeling like that alone??? That happened to me once in my J**P, I was high centered. Luckly there was a little bobcat that saw me get stuck so he drove over and lifted me over. Since then I tend not to get into situations like that anymore.

Heh, when I first got my Ex, I got myself in a similar, although not as dificult situation... I have 2wd, so it doesnt take much to screw me up. I ended up having to use plywood, a come-along, and 1 LARGE guy to sit in the cargo area to give the needed weight. Heh... I learned not to do that again... Yeah my interior cleaned up, and yeah, fortunately I have tan... just keep at it. Youll get out. Come-Along is your best bet if its as deep and mucky as you say...
--bryan
PS - If its as bad as your saying, WHY'D you go in? Lol... I know I know, temptaion.. hehe

i finally got out......guess my judgement was wrong...the man with the 2nd tractor pulled me out with his farm truck.....now im off to clean up the inside....and since its all ****in' muddy (excuse the language) can someone tell me a really nice product to get the stains out....cause i know they're in pretty nicely.....im just gonna wash the mat in the laundry

carpet shampooer a couple times will get it out

actually got most of the staining out....i just used cold water and some dish detergent in a spray bottle, then just scrubbed with an old tshirt........the only stain i have left to get out are on the mat and the carpeted part of the door where the little storage thing is....thats a PITA to get clean as i know cause my cougar had stains in the same area.......guess ill keep working at it.......right now im off for a pic to show you how muddy the truck got, definately not as muddy as a lot of you guys get....but hell.....i was stuck......not really going anywhere.......its caked on pretty thick.....just doesnt cover most of the truck

heres the mud like mug i hate it now that i gotta clean it all up....find out how many new scratches i got from rocks and such.......anywho....here ya are.....this was my very first 4x4 outing EVER....look how it ended up

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

that's not too bad.

man u need some lift on that poor truck if your gona play in the mud.. and some bigger tires..

im gettin' around to it.......i just got this thing late last weekend.....im going to do the TT/shackles ASAP, then soon afterwards I will do the 3" PA body lift and leave it as that until i need new tires.....then i will put on some beefy 32's

Originally posted by MO_GUY
I was just muddin' on a gravel road(more mud than gravel but thats how we like it) I was almost all the way through and then my X started sliding toward the small ditch on the right side....so now my X is stranded about 2 miles from my house, the rear passenger side is leaning toward the ditch....I think I got a guy to pull me out with a tractor but if not......how can I get out? There is absolutlely no way possible that another 4x4 can get down where I was and pull me out without getting stuck theirselves

Uh, well the OTHER truck you go with should get you out. Even more important to go with another truck when wheelin...

On top of that, where's the mud! I get more mud on my truck, just pullin outta the drive way!
thefinger.gif

oh man, i remember my first time i went offroading. lol. it was this trail i dident even know who owned it, it went into the woods then a swamp thing. i got stuck i got out eventuly by useing my rubber floor matts under my ties. it really sucked.

Ah come on it's not even that muddy:p

I agree. Did you already wash it? The first time I dug in a rut, my blue truck was solid brown!

The first time I really went wheeling was in a deep muddy mess. I still had stock tires, etc, but already had some power. I just kept my foot in it and went right through ;) I had to pull out a cheby 4x4 p/u that had gotten stuck. I was able to back up to the pit and yank him out, it was fun :D

i totally agree......its not muddy at all......but i wasnt driving fast trying to get stuck.....it was only my first time.....plus i have stock tires...they wont throw mud up like some tires.....they basically threw mud under the front bumper and onto the nerf bars

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Usually the mud gets thrown while you aren't moving. Next time if you go out prepared maybe you'll get back home;)

Back