KC daylighter lights questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

KC daylighter lights questions

Does anyone know how to wire up the kc lights? I am planning on wiring two up but i dont want it to take a huge electrical drag out of my car. I am already running a stereo system and have about 200 leds on my car. My friend and i are putting 2 on each vehicle and were wondering about relays if that would help or not. If anyone has any idea out there let me know. Thank You

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well all explorers already come with a stereo , and 200 leds still don't use a lot of power because , well , they're just leds.

I would skip the relay and just wire it directly. A relay is just another part that will add more wire and make a simple install more complicated , plus it's another thing that could break. Just use a nice heavy duty switch and you won't need a relay.

I would skip the relay and just wire it directly.

The flip side of not using a relay is that you end up having to fish a heavier guage wire through the firewall, all the way to the switch and from the switch to the groud. I'd rather use a relay, and smaller gauge wire to a standard switch.

Use a relay. There not hard to wire and can save you a nice big under-hood BBQ...

The won't make the power draw any less though. If you have a big stereo and a lot of lights, it may be time to look into a higher output alternator. They will draw the same wired straight to the battery (BAD IDEA) or through a relay... you just don't need a heavy switch or wires in the cab if you use relays. There are lots of simple wiring diagrams on this site and online for how to properly install aftermarket lighting...

The flip side of not using a relay is that you end up having to fish a heavier guage wire through the firewall, all the way to the switch and from the switch to the groud.

Oh yes and that's quite difficult if you never gone through the quarter panel before...

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out i will post pics of the finished product later. Thank you very much

You must use a relay or ur daylighters wont be bright at all and make sure its a 40 amp 12 volt. i have the 130 watters up front and i dident have a relay at first and they were no brighter then the ****ty 55 watt bulbs that come in the cheap ebay kitts. but i am now swapping 55 watt hids in to the day lighters so this will be a big win

Where do you go about finding an hid kit for kc daylighters?

Back