Lane Centering Stopped Working | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lane Centering Stopped Working

Interesting. I purchased my ST in November and my dealer has ordered a switch cluster because I cannot turn lane keeping or lane centering off. Anytime I turn on the cruise, the lane assist is on and working when it sees the lane markings. I would have thought Ford would have purged defective switches long before mine was built.

It's probably just a bad switch pack in the steering wheel. My dealership said they were able to see a record of this repair across other dealerships in the country. Most were bad switches. Mine was bad from day one and I just recently had it fixed. They have to remove the air bag and steering wheel to change the switch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's probably just a bad switch pack in the steering wheel. My dealership said they were able to see a record of this repair across other dealerships in the country. Most were bad switches. Mine was bad from day one and I just recently had it fixed. They have to remove the air bag and steering wheel to change the switch.
Thanks for the update. My dealer has the parts on order..

Any one else have this issue? It was working last night and today I couldn't get it to turn on...Lane Keep works but not Lane Centering

Go to settings- driver assistance- Pre collision addition- distance indication to off. It will fix your problem.

Go to settings- driver assistance- Pre collision addition- distance indication to off. It will fix your problem.

Really? I will try it, but that seems odd if it was working before with that on...

If you have to turn that OFF in order for Land Centering to work then I think there is a problem.

Peter

Nope, still same issue...
The procedures for Lane Keeping as per the Manual are in my post #16. If it doesn't work following that setup, then there is probably an issue with it.

Peter

The procedures for Lane Keeping as per the Manual are in my post #16. If it doesn't work following that setup, then there is probably an issue with it.

Peter

Yea, going to have to head to the SHOP....it was working before :( very odd

Ok so I bought my 2022 Explorer KR in April. LC worked perfectly. Since November it doesn't work. The LK functions once I hit fog, lane or center lines, with the rumble then jerk of steering wheel. It will drift out of center and no steering assist like as I approach curves like it used to. So I set up an appointment with Ford Dealer and today was earliest. They claim nothing is wrong after tech test drove. I spoke to Tech and Svc Advisor. I'm not crazy it's not working & I asked if tech has driven LC vehicle and they said the F-150 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I know it's a prob and next closest dealer is 40 min away. I paid way too much for a vehicle with LK only. I asked them to reach out to Ford they insisted tech says it works and my key was at the cashier.

At my advanced age, I'm happy that I am still able to manually keep the vehicle pointed where it's supposed to go. I have both features turned OFF on my Aviator. I don't know if both features use the same camera or not. Is the area clean and unobstructed?

Peter

Back