LED headlight & tire thread.

Icuff4cash

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 aerostar awd
Well the ouestion is has anyone done an led 9007 head light upgrade. The like below has the web site and u tube video on how to change and before and after. Pretty big difference cost $99.00 now led pull less watts does this mean less heat to the bad head light switch. I Finely got a used tire after 3 months and it's close but not right. It's a 215-65-14. I went to big o have new charge card so I was going to buy some sneakers for the pug shuttle. No luck no 215-70-14 for van. They told me that size tire has been rebranded as a boat trailer tire. So he can't put in on the van since his catalog says boat tire and it will take 3 weeks. BUT IF I PUT THIS TIRE ON MY VAN AND HAVE AN ACCIDENT I BE SCREWED. BUT WHY THE DOOR SAYS THIS SIZE.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-built-in-fan/2114/

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-built-in-fan/2114/

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what is the load index rating of the tires on your van now? If it is 96 then there is plenty of name brand tires out there that will work. It took 50 boxes of 12 inch granite tile for me overload that rating which is about 1 ton of stone. I'll check out those LED headlights.

what is the load index rating of the tires on your van now? If it is 96 then there is plenty of name brand tires out there that will work. It took 50 boxes of 12 inch granite tile for me overload that rating which is about 1 ton of stone. I'll check out those LED headlights.
My new used tire I'd 1/2 shorter but rides fine. The Mexican tire shop told me 217-70-14 are gold no one has them for cars or trucks. He said the same thing as big o. Boat trailer tire. I'm going to sell a nice engagement ring it was my moms it's 60 years old I don't know how many carrots but since my ex after 12 years is takeing me back to court for 30 grand fo school for my daughter I never saw I can't spend money on rims and tires. Found a wot of wrangler 15 for 250 cash on Craig list.

Does 1950 load sound right

Does 1950 load sound right
The ones on my van are a 98 which is 1653 lb per tire capacity, anything at or above a 96 index rating will safely work on the van which means look at car tires.

Thanks but my awd with a 3:73 rear all tires must be same size and finding a 14" tire is tuff. The Ford company put under size tires on the van. This was one of the safety factors that killed the van. Empty your looking at 5000 pounds. Then my van was factory set up to tow 5000 pounds. That's a lot of weight on my bloney skins.
After sitting for 3+ months I pushed the gas down 1/2 2 cranks and fired up no smoke no taps. After warming up I put 5 miles on it. Felt great you saw it on rust anywhere only 154,000 miles but it's time for Mantance front end rubber and ball joints,brakes are do soon have between 1/8 left on pads and trans and diff oil change. The motor has royal purple in it. I just got to work on a transfer case since I weap oil from the stress cracks.

Curb weight is 3600 lbs, the same as a mustang. That is less than 1000 pounds riding on any tire and by the time you put enough weight inside the van to exceed the capacity of the tires you have already exceeded cargo weight capacity. New passenger cars are heavier than the van.

Ok, is this an LED headlight, or tire thread? :confused: :p

Does your Aerostar have 5 lug wheels? If it does, then you really ought to consider what has been suggested before. Drive, if you have to , to a good scrap yard and get a matching set of dime a dozen explorer-ranger-mountaineer ( 1990-2001) 15" wheels. They should sell for just over scrap value if you do the proper leg and mouth work. Then, you can shop for the less expensive and easier to find 215-75-15, 225-75 15 or maybe even 235-70-15 tires. Those sizes are generic and all over the place for good prices.
Once you have this sorted, you then have a set of hard to find or use 14" wheel to sell. You will recoup some of the spent cash. Having friends with fishing boats, who have stepped up to 14" wheels tells me there is a market for them.

The LED's will use less current, and may extend the life of a bad light switch, but then again it might mask over an existing issue of a heated bad contact in the vehicle. In other words, it might still turn out bad in the long run. There is a member here parting out an earlier model of explorer, I wonder if they share the same light switch part number?

also, how will the LED's perform to the oncoming drivers? This is the part which concerns me. I want LED alternatives to work, I honestly think they make more sense. However, the ones I have seen from the other end do not impress me. In bad weather when visibility is low, mis aimed headlights with an uncontrolled pattern will sometimes cause bad things to happen.

I am all ears--er eyes.

Well Josh after last nights chat,for giggles I jumped on Ford trucks.com fourm and went to Aerostar fourm. There's a member with an awd aerostar with photos posted. He found the 215-70-15 were better than the 215-65-15. He found out the van was to heavy for 65 and started to check. He went to 70 and great fit handled better if you have time jump there and look at the photos. I tried to paste the link but messed up.

A 215 70 R15 is quite a bit smaller than 225 75 R15 you were talking about.

A 215 70 R15 is quite a bit smaller than 225 75 R15 you were talking about.
I noticed that the 75 is almost 28" 27.9 did you see the pic on the other fourm.

I noticed that the 75 is almost 28" 27.9 did you see the pic on the other fourm.
Yes, we need a tire and wheel chart for what fits the van.

These suckers are bright.

Update on led testing.

Back