• Register Today It's free!

Left rear lower than right

Jeff00000168

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 4.0 SOHC XLT 4X4
Why is the left rear side of my X lower than the right? I replaced all 4 shocks and it's still the same. Is this normal? What is wrong with it?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just fixed that on my Mounty

You have the weight distribution lean that most suffer. Its from the gas tank, battery and driver all on one side. What I did to fix it was install Warrior shackles, swap leaf springs, and then adjust the tortion bars. Rides much better and I lost the rear end sag too.
A quick temporary fix would be to adjust the tortion bars. Do a search.

Simply adjust the rear torsion bars. I did it once, and I've been level since. I mean, if you want to do other stuff then great, but if you just want it level, just make a minor adjustment.

rizzjc said:
Simply adjust the rear torsion bars. I did it once, and I've been level since. I mean, if you want to do other stuff then great, but if you just want it level, just make a minor adjustment.

Excuse me? No such thing as rear torsion bars on explorers. If you mean traction bars only V8 explorers have them.

Ahhh, you are right, wrong term I guess, and I guess I didn't know they were only on the V8. Sorry!

PS - I never inhaled.

OK, I have a 99 v8 and need to fix my saggy rear, its down an inch or so. I don't see torsion bars though, just leafs and the load leveling air shocks

warrior shackels. part # war-153

What about the traction bars thing? its only an inch or so

Back