Lifeguard's cut and turn project | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's cut and turn project

Well i have had my old ttb taking up space for a long time now, so i decided to do something with them.

my best friend bought my dads old 93 explorer a few months ago, so we are going to put them in his explorer if we get this all right.

so far we have the driver side beam cut and ready to be plated.

hear are some pics so far.
Photo0007.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well not much of an update.

we are slowing things down for a bit on this. we are aming to be dune by spring

due to christmas and i have a daughter on the way due jan 1st
! (but realy any day now:party:) :) cant wait for skyler to be hear.:D:thumbsup: bring up a lil 4 wheeler!:bounce:

so on the to do list till then is

gears frunt and rear
break lines
ra mounts
extend ra's
shocks
rear soa

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

due to christmas and i have a daughter on the way due jan 1st
! (but realy any day now:party:) :) cant wait for skyler to be hear.:D:thumbsup: bring up a lil 4 wheeler!:bounce:

Congrats, Tim! Hah, my girlfriend's b-day is new years eve!

I can see it now, at age 14, she'll be welding on her own crawler...:hammer:

I think your coils are bowed because they are seated on an incline because of where you did the cut and turn. My beams are cut and turned on the other side of the diff.

lol yes she is :) she was born december 31 6:14pm 8 pounds 3 oz 21 inches long :) and thank you:D
the day she came home
_MG_5970.jpg

first day back to work.
_MG_5974.jpg

after her first bath
_MG_6017.jpg

HECK YEAH CONGRATS!
Funny you named your girl Skyler our son will be Baylee (lee is a family name so spelling is not the traditional boys way, April 24th 09 due date)

AWesome man now THATS A PROJECT!!

:)

Congrats on your daughter!

The cut and turn looks great so far, it's always something I have been curious about. My one question is, where did you find the dimensions/ specs for the cut and turn? I have an extra set of beams I would love to try this on.

:Dprogress!:D
the gears for the front end are in :) and the pattern looks good to me. but a second opinion would be nice if my INTERNET would load the pics. :( i will have to try agen tomorrow

Dude, you forgot to post a side view to show depth!

Anywho, I showed it to my diff tech. He says your pattern looks good. But .004 would be too tight for a rear. Good thing it's the front! It's most likely going to whine for the first few miles.

This is probably a stupid question to ask but what is the benefit of cuting and changing the angle on those?

you don't need to use drop brackets that can bend, and its cool lol.
hear is a better pics of the patern kinda
_MG_6125.jpg

Looking good, Although I know nothing about doing what you're doing. Can't wait to see how it turns out! Question, how much do you know how to take out of the beam? It only looks like 1" or less there or am I wrong? Also, you have a cute little girl there. Congrats!

Get off your lazy ***** and post some damn pictures already!!!

tha parts are fin! :) there in the truck and driveing to but i cnt get pics of it right now
_MG_6188.jpg

nice beams... how much lift it give ya?

Shwate!

That pic makes your garage look clean!!!

Back