Lifeguard's cut and turn project | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifeguard's cut and turn project

Well i have had my old ttb taking up space for a long time now, so i decided to do something with them.

my best friend bought my dads old 93 explorer a few months ago, so we are going to put them in his explorer if we get this all right.

so far we have the driver side beam cut and ready to be plated.

hear are some pics so far.
Photo0007.jpg

Photo0010.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a little... too clean if you ask me...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Cool project, I am looking at getting some Camburg beams if I can convince the wife to let me spend the money. Watching this project, hope to see more soon.

Done!!!!!!!!!!!:)
clocked the diff on the beam, and no binding,:party: now we just need to go Wheeling. on with the pics
IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

say what? you rotated the diff on the beam?
Please explain!

looks great so far!

there was a slight bind in the driver side shaft. so we shaved a bit off the 3rd member and re drilled the beam.

we need more pictures!!!!!!!

It works!

hear is a teaser for you wile every thing loads.
100_0350.jpg

...Just in time for this years Pismo run...:D

Wish I could go, but I have to play Army.

...You and Lifeguard379 can storm the beach at Pismo...:D

...I would like to see this setup in person...and I'll have some ultra flat black paint for those bright shiny washers...:p:

LOL I really wish we could. I missed out on it last year to.I painted the washers already, got tired of looking at them being shiny.

so no binding issues at full lock?

i would like to get an extra set of beams and do a cut and turn like you did....just don't want to find out there are issues is all

good job:thumbsup:

l8r, John:cool:

nice work, do you have any more pictures of the passengers side arm?

Looks great, I like how you did it, seems easier but I havent read many threads about cutting and turning.

ahh whoops. i meant beam.
the one that the half shaft goes thru

we haven't had a chance to open it up yet, so it looks stock. :(

we haven't had a chance to open it up yet, so it looks stock. :(

huh? you had to have modified the passengers side arm...or else your truck would be running lopsided...i see the cuts you made on the arm with the differential. but what about the other one? the one thats nearly all rectangular tubing that the passengers wheel attaches to the hub.

Back