• Register Today It's free!

lift for 32's

BigDadys93x

Reaction score
City, State
Naples,New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
98'EB 5.0 AWD
I have a 94' sport and was wondering what would be the minimum amount of lift needed to clear 32x11.50x15's with out fender trimming? The reason Im asking is that I have a brand new set of 32's BFG mud terrains that I bought for my 93' xlt before I sold it and I never put them on. I am going to go all suspension lift to (I hate body lifts). Any help would be great. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd guess a 4" lift with stock or 15x8 rims would clear with minimal or no rubbing. Not exactly the same but I have a 4" Skyjacker suspension lift and 3/4" body lift and had to trim 2" off the front fenders to fit BFG AT 33x12.5 on 15x10 rims. Without trimming the wheels fit going straight but would begin to rub at 50% turn (obviously cutting my turning radius in half). They would also rub at any moderate bump in the road as well. Most 15x8 and 15x10 rims come with 3.75" backspacing. As such the 8" rim more closely matches the OEM tire/wheel configuration while the 10" rim places the tire/wheels further outside the body. Therefore the wider stance of the 10" rim increases the rub factor. As I'm sure you already know tire fitment questions are part art, part science. All components are variables that affect what can fit and what doesn't. In the tire chart below the tires are the same, but the wheels are different. Notice the same tire is over 3/4" wider on the 10" vs 8" rim.
18205Tires2-med.jpg

4 inch suspension, and if still rubbing get wheel spacers, Cheaper than a new set of rims

Modified Duff 2.5" lift for me (I don't have the stock bumper, so I don't know if it would touch the front bumper)..

Added F-150 spacers up front, and War-153 rear shackles and used OME-136 rear springs instead of add-a-leaf for the rear.

~Mark

3" Body lift worked for me

I did have rubbing, only on the driverside. But it was determined that my stock springs with 175k miles on them had sagged by almost two inches. so my lift wasnt much of a lift until i got new OEM Coil springs. hehe no more rubbing.

damn ford for putting the gas tank and the driver on the same side!

Found a couple pics..
this is with the modified duff 2.5 lift..
sfront-left-parked.jpg

Here is an idea of the suspenion working with 32x11.50 tires.. The only touching I get is when I'm twisting the suspension near/at the limits. The front right tire can hit the bottom of the air box and the rear tires can rub on the inner part of the fender when at/near full stuff

2-climb-front-right.jpg

I alsmost forgot.. Another mod we did to the lift is use 2 RA washers in front of the bracket.. This pushed the tires/axle forward a hair.. And we don't have inner fenders (we took that off a long time ago).

~Mark

Thats crazy that springs can sag that much, maybe thats one of the reasons why I see alot of exploders with stock suspension with the front end like this / \

this is weird that a lot of ppl here have a 4" lift with 32". I have 32" no lift little rubbing off road and street a full lock and 31" MT/R's and no rub at all off road or street full lock... but then again its a sport and the front isnt saging even after 158,000 miles stock springs and i towed my drag car to the track for a couple of years??? Were the build tolerances this different?????

Yes.. There are lots of variables in the mix and each vehicle is slightly different... Spring sag, body mount deterioration etc.. Even 32" tires from one manufacture to the next vary in diameter... There is also driving style. If you drive aggressively and to the limits of your suspension as in Maniak's 2nd pic it is obviously more likely to rub then taking it easy over the same course.

slight hijack, sorry

<hijack on:
i too am thinking of 32"s, but with a 3"BL and F150 spacers, shackels. That would be good to go right? And i know someone has done this where are you i want to see your truck!!!

hijack off>

Mine is a 2nd gen but I fit 32s just fine with just 2".

Here was mine with 32's with just a 3" bodylift. On turns I still had rubbing till I installed wheel spacers.
220735_23_full.jpg

That's kinda of amazing to me... I can't imagine getting these tires on my rig when it was stock! I guess if you keep them on a 15x7 wheel that helps but with my setup I think if the tires were any wider I'd be rubbing the front sway bar.

Any pics of your truck? I'm interested to see what it looks like.

Ed

sandrunner said:
this is weird that a lot of ppl here have a 4" lift with 32". I have 32" no lift little rubbing off road and street a full lock and 31" MT/R's and no rub at all off road or street full lock... but then again its a sport and the front isnt saging even after 158,000 miles stock springs and i towed my drag car to the track for a couple of years??? Were the build tolerances this different?????

Thanks for all the info guys! I ordered a 4" Skyjacker kit on Saturday and new 15x8 AR 123 wheels along with a Hurst Short throw shifter and a new exhaust (flowmaster). I'll get pics up next week ( I hope) I'm doing all this before next Monday! (i am on vacation all week). Thanks again.

I installed my SkyJacker 4" lift last month and I'm in the process of putting together a write up with pics... Anyway I found It was absolutely necessary to have a decent right angle drill to install this kit. Also the front brake hoses are way too short and you'll need to get new ones. I picked up a new rear hose, but others just bent the hose mounting bracket which allowed the stock hose to be re-used. 13yrs of New England roads basically forced me to replace 75% of the brake hardline as most fittings were fused to the line. I would get some PB Blaster and start hitting all the bolts every day to help the removal process. BTW did you order shocks with your kit, or are you picking them up later? What does the kit have to raise the rear?

I do have the 90 degree drill and every concievable tool ill need (I think) I started hitting all the bolts and brake lines with PB Blaster the day I ordered the kit. I ordered new shocks with the kit. I bought new rear springs to lift the rear. The kit should be in tommorrow so I am going out in a few minutes to start taking the rear susp. apart. (to get ahead of the game). Thanks for reminding me about the brake lines! I am going to order a set of new braided ones for the front and back flex lines.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be phsyched to see pictures ! I am going with the 5 1/2" Superlift Will be putting on 33 12.50's.
Can I use the Stock rims ?
I have the polished XLT Rims.

Thanks

Back