• Register Today It's free!

sagged 6" lift... ideas?

Nedwreck

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky, Y'all!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 xlt, '92 4x4
My 6" lift skyjacker springs have sagged a bit over time, which was expected. Front tires now rub a bit when I turn kinda sharp, so I might do something about this.

The obvious (or cheap) fix would be to add the f150 spacer under the springs, I don't think it would limit any flex, but I'm open to advice.

It occurred to me that lift springs for a '77-78 f150 might give me more flax than I have (and be a little softer), but what size units would I run to get about 6" of lift?

Any and all ideas welcome. :)

If anyone has any 8" skyjacker springs that sagged down to 6" of lift....... lemme know. :) :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The obvious (or cheap) fix would be to add the f150 spacer under the springs, I don't think it would limit any flex, but I'm open to advice.
Heh, the obvious and cheap fix to me is to trim wherever the tires rub!

Heh, the obvious and cheap fix to me is to trim wherever the tires rub!

weeeeelllllllllllll..... so far there's no dents or rust to speak of.. so cutting is a good idea, but I'd rather avoid it. lol

spacers is probably the best route, but if anyone knows of a different type of spring that gives 6" lift and more travel, I'm listening. :D

i have a set of stock early bronco springs, 19" uncompressed. ive read they give 5.5" on an exploder. they are supposed to fit the stock buckets from what i hear, but i dont know if they fit the retainer on the axle. i would say they do? if anyone knows, chime in

i also have a set of f150 spacers for sale (http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344856)

but those three options are your best bet. springs, spacers, or do some cutting

Xeek, I found a link that has various Ford springs. The end that goes in the retainer looks like it could work (?).
these are under the "early bronco" section, 66-77 I think:
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-23209-super-flex-coil-springs-4-lift-csh57.html

Neat thing on that site, it lists spring rates for the various springs. :)

I may well go with homemade spacers, until I get a few other things squared away, like extended radius arms. Or collect stuff and make a weekend out of it. heh

You should be able to pick up a new set of coils for around a $150. Which isn't that more much then a new pair of coil spacers pending on what company you buy them from.

You should be able to pick up a new set of coils for around a $150. Which isn't that more much then a new pair of coil spacers pending on what company you buy them from.

Xeek has some f150 spacers for sale at a fair price. (free mention for ya there Xeek!)

All things factored in, I may just cobble some spacers together until I get a better handle on spring rates and such. Lots of reading old threads I guess. lol

you can always just put a set of twist it boosters it your springs and you wouldnt have to cut anything thing or take the spring out.

you can always just put a set of twist it boosters it your springs and you wouldnt have to cut anything thing or take the spring out.

I appreciate the thought (really!), but twist-it's have a bad problem with popping out, especially when the one side or the other of the front end droops to max when four-wheeling. I gotta be honest, I never thought them things were that safe... if one pops out they can get into some weird places or hit other cars if you're on the road. :eek:

:salute:

Back