Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post number 199 has been selected as best answered.

My wife picked-up a low mileage 2019 sport this past July.

She has commented that her 3 previous explorers sat "higher", had more ground clearance, and gave her a better view of the road (due to her 5'- 3" height).

Along with that, for winter driving, she likes to have studded tires all around (as we live in NH, USA).

So, this past week, we had new studded tires installed (and also went-up 1 tire size). I also had my tire guy install a Truxxx 102015-2.5" Front & 1.5" Rear Lift Kit. So, between the up-sized tires and the slight lift, there is a definite & noticeable difference. She likes the increased road height and the improved ground clearance.

BEFORE: Hers is the Explorer on the right:

View attachment 447435

View attachment 447439

AFTER:

View attachment 447436

View attachment 447440

View attachment 447441
That looks good and more level.

That looks good and more level.
I want to cut off my mufflers and put resonator exhaust tip on. It would be less weight and I would only need one tip cause I was going to cut it back to one exhaust pipe before it turns to a dual pipe. I would show you my explorer but I don’t pay for an account and I put up an address to show my explorer. But the guy never replied. What size tires are you running?

Back